Chapter Ten

Talon and I walked Maya to school. We walked Maya—my daughter—to school. As in together. Both of us walking with Maya, to school. Like a real-life couple. It felt amazing. He held my hand. Maya held his other hand, and as we walked, we talked. More like Maya talked to Talon, and I walked along while trying not to bawl my eyes out, trip, or sing, "The hills are alive with the sound of music."

Once we got back to my place, he announced, "Kitten, I gotta take off for a while. Blue's coming over, but I'll be back later before you hav'ta get Maya from school. I'm gonna bring some of my shit with me to keep here; saves me travelling home every day."

I gulped. This was serious stuff. Still, I couldn't stop from saying, "Talon, you live right next door. It's not that hard."

He laughed. "Babe, I don't live there. I sometimes crash there when I've had too much. I live out on some land in Buninyong." He kissed me before I had a chance to think.

I went to my tippy toes and tightly wrapped my arms around his neck. He growled deeply, sending a shiver to my fandola. I loved it when he did that. Our tongues did the tango with the expertise of practiced partners.

"Ah, don't mind us."

I moved my head back enough to look over Talon's shoulder, panting, and saw Julian and Mattie standing in the kitchen doorway. I wanted to hiss and yell at them to flock off. But I was also grateful they turned up, or I'd be turning myself inside out to claw my way into Talon's pants.

"Fuck it. One day, kitten, one day, I'll have you, and then you won't be glad to be interrupted."

I looked into his amused crinkled eyes. "Well, I wasn't totally happy about it."

"I agree," Julian said. "She was giving us laser eyes."

"That's good to know." He smiled down at me, kissed my forehead, and moved off to the front door. "I'll pick up some takeout for dinner after I get Cody from his mother," he said over his shoulder.

"No need, Thor. Mattie and I are going shopping; we'll have enough to feed an army."

I raised my hand to get his attention. "Oh, um, what's Cody's favourite meal to eat?"

Talon's warm eyes turned to me. "Any kinda roast, kitten, just like his dad."

I looked over to Mattie and said, "Can you get me a leg of lamb?"

"Sure thing." He smiled.

"He'll love it, babe," Talon said. "I'll catcha later."

Five seconds after Talon left, Blue walked in. Maybe I should lock that door one day, but now it seemed to be the traffic way for hot bikers.

"Hey, baby." Blue grinned and walked—no, more like stalked—over to me, and ran the back of his hand down the side of my cheek. My eyes widened as he nodded over my shoulder to Julian and Mattie.

"Alrighty, we're off down the street, hun," Julian said. "If you think of anything else, text me, baby." He wiggled his eyebrows up and down. Then he coughed under his breath, "Slut."

I gave him an eye roll. "Uh, wait. Um..." I turned to Blue. "Shouldn't we walk with them, to keep them covered?"

"Everything is set, baby. As soon as someone steps out of this house, another is upon them."

Wow. Talon wasn't taking any chances.

"We're going in Julian's car," Mattie said.

"Don't stress, you'll be covered," Blue said.