Epilogue

Four months later

I'd been out of the hospital for two months when my mum turned up at Talon's house... though I should say our house because my man, being his bossy alpha self, had moved me in while I was still in the hospital.

My man loved to control.

But still, he had my heart in hand. He knew I'd be more than happy to have my family close, and I was.

Not only had my mum showed, but my father and Josie, who was my now adopted sister. She was still one mixed-up girl, but who could blame her after living with David for three years, and what he'd put her through?

I told her I'd help her along the way to recovery because we were sisters now. That was the first time I'd seen her smile. Not only had she attached herself to my parents and me, but she'd formed a bond with Maya, Cody, and Billy, the cookie-loving biker, one of Talon's brothers, who'd been her saviour by taking her to the hospital.

Mattie and Julian (who also joined the community of Ballarat and moved into my old place across the road from the compound) arrived with Deanna, Griz, and Blue. She strode on through the door with a small kiss to my cheek and dishes of food in her hands, heck, not only her hands, but it was obvious she'd roped everyone else into helping as well.

"What's this about?" I asked the last person through the door, my brother.

He rolled his eyes and said, "Just go with it, she's been cooking all day muttering about how her baby girl isn't eating enough. Apparently, you need more protein and vitamins to help you heal so you can give her grandbabies."

With wide eyes, I asked, "Please don't tell me she said that to everyone who walked in the front door just now?"

"Okay, I won't." He laughed, kissed my cheek and followed the rest to the kitchen.

It was then Talon walked from down the hall into the living room, where I was still standing with the front door open.

"Kitten, you're lettin' out all the warmth. What you doin', woman?"

"They just turned up. I didn't know they were coming and my mum's told everyone I need to heal to give her grandbabies...why are you smiling? You do know she'll be on your case soon because you're the one who has to impregnate me. Oh my God, she'll want to know things like when I'm ovulating, or I've got my period so she can work it out... she used to be a nurse; she's going to make our lives hell if she's already thinking about grandbabies." I'd been ecstatic when my parents told me they were moving to Ballarat... now I wasn't so sure.

"Babe." My man rolled his eyes at me. I snorted and shook my head at him. He didn't know; he hadn't been around her long enough to know my mum was...viciously crazy. Talon walked over to me, he took the front door out of my hand and closed it. Then he leaned in and kissed me soundly. So soundly I forgot what I was freaking out over.

"Wow," I uttered.

"Damn right. Now get in the kitchen and help get the food ready so we can eat, they can leave, we can put the kids to bed and then we can fuck like rabbits."

Biting my bottom lip, I admitted, "That sounds like a good plan."

He chuckled, touched his lips to mine and shooed me into the kitchen. I looked over my shoulder and asked, "How come you can't get in here and help as well?"

"Kitten." He chuckled and then said, "I have a dick, and all men with dicks sit back, drink, and watch their women do the work."

"Cheers to that," my dad yelled.

"Richard, don't you even think about doing nothing. Get your butt over here and carve this meat up. Talon can have a break, that good-looking man has been helping our baby girl nonstop."