Chapter Fifteen

We walked into the bustling bar. The atmosphere felt great, with dim lighting and someone singing at the karaoke machine. The pool tables were full; so were the booths and seating area at the bar. Deanna dragged me over to the bar and squeezed her way in, shouting out to the bar girl in a tight white tee that she wanted four shots of Cock Sucking Cowboys. Upon paying, she dished out the shots and on the count of three, down they went and up came my hamburger from dinner...nearly.

"Oh, I love this song. Let's dance," Julian shouted when Taylor's Swift's "Trouble" came through the karaoke machine, and some young girl started singing it with a not-too-bad voice.

We left Griz, Pick, and Blue at the bar, while Violet, Deanna, Julian and I went to shake our booties.

Two songs later, I glanced around for our guards, only they were no longer brooding at the bar. I looked around, but couldn't see them anywhere. Violet tugged on my arm, and while she jiggled what her mama gave her, she pointed through the crowd to a booth in the far corner where they were now seated—still brooding. Their arms were crossedover their chests and their eyes said 'don't speak to me or I'll bite your head off.' It was only Griz's gaze that lasered into us. Though, I think that had something to do with the way Deanna was grinding against some innocent young man...um, okay, maybe he wasn't that innocent, considering the way he grabbed her boobs. I giggled to myself when she elbowed him in the ribs and pushed him away. She turned her gaze to me, grinned and shook her head.

Deanna, Julian, and I made our way to the table while Vi went to grab us some more drinks. I'd asked for water because I didn't think my stomach could handle another toxic mix. That was when Deanna called me a pussy and said to Vi that if she got me water, they'd be having words. Violet then proceeded to laugh in Deanna's face, and answered with 'Whatever.' I knew what I'd be getting—water.

I collapsed next to Pick. Griz and Blue stood so Julian and Deanna could sit, and then Vi when she got back. It was like they were protecting the President's daughter. Blue and Griz had their backs to us; both were standing straight and still, glaring out at the partygoers.

Wow, they must take their jobs seriously.

"You know, I kind of feel like Whitney Houston in Bodyguard right now," Julian said

I held up my fist to be pumped and yelled, "That's what I was just thinking." Sort of. Why I was yelling I had no clue; it wasn't so hard to hear in our corner.

"Yo, Vi. Oh, my God, I love you," I yelled—yes, again—when she deposited a bottle of water in front of me with a smirk directed at Deanna.

"Do you reckon Talon could be quiet during sex?" I asked.

Okay. Maybe I was a tad intoxicated still because yelling was all I could manage.

"Jesus," Blue hissed.

"Talon owes us," Griz barked.

Julian ended up spitting his drink all over the table. Violet groaned and banged her head against the back of the booth. Pick asked for me to move so he could escape, and Deanna sat with her finger tapping her chin, pondering my question.

"Given his hotliness and badarseness, I highly doubt it," Deanna said. "Why the wondering?"

I sighed loudly. "I wanna have sex. I miss the pounding, the closeness, and the connection," I whined. "Hey!" I shouted, pointing at Griz and Blue. "No comment from the spunky men," I yelled before they could even think of commenting.

"Uh, Wildcat. Please, please move," Pick begged.

While continuing my rant, I moved and sat back down after Pick had escaped. "Six years, people. Six long years. Holy haemorrhoid, do you think my well's dried up?"