Chapter 41

Third Person

A few days have now passed and Sonic was getting irritated. Not because of how no one is listening to him, no this is worse. Some doppelganger is making a mess of the kingdom and if you guessed that Sonic was to blame for it - bingo. The citizens of Knothole requested that Sonic be locked away, but Sally had convinced King Maxmillian to just lock the hedgehog in his room with his brothers until further notice.

"This. Fucking. Stinks!!" Sonic yelled, plopping down onto his bed with a frustrated sigh. "I did nothing!"

"We all know that Sonic." Dark spoke in a calm voice, lounging about in his own bed, playing with his smokey aura aimlessly.

"This just seems more like a precaution." Darkspine added onto that. "Which we were told about..."

"But how is this fair to me!?" Sonic sat up, looking just as irritated as he sounded. And he was pretty pissed.

"Maaaaaybeeee... Because they have no other leads?" Hyper questions.

"That is exactly why Hyper." Werehog glanced at the white hedgehog that was laying on his back, the 6 ft hedgehog was just simply laying down.

Sonic suddenly perked up, looking at the door. "Wait a minute..." He then quickly yet quietly went to the door and got down to look under it. He could see the faintest of shadows on either end of the door. Guards. Damn. He got up, to think, glancing around the room, until his eyes landed down on Dark. More specifically, his aura. Smirking a little, he went over to the navy hedgehog.

"Dark. I want you to cause a distraction."

"Me?" Dark asked, looking at the blue hedgehog before him. "Wouldn't one of the others be better at that than me?"

"They don't have a little ability to conceal themselves in total darkness or manipulate in such a manner of speaking." Sonic replied, to which the navy hedgehog caught on then stood up with a small smirk of his own.

"Consider it done." Dark then practically melted into the darkness.

"Er... I hate to seem like a jerk, but Dark did have a point you know." Exe spoke up. "Hell, Fleetway would even have a better chance with those lasers of his."

"Huh. Is that the first nice comment you actually said about me?" Fleetway asked, looking at Exe.

To which Exe rolled his eyes. "Don't push your luck, you messed up hedgehog."

"Says you!" Fleetway pouted. "And I'm fluffy!"

"You know, now that I think about it, we all have our own little ability." Excalibur spoke up, preventing what little fight would've started between those two.

"Yeah, that is true." Darkspine continued on from the knight's point. "Dark's shadows, Hyper's... Copy ability, me with my fire, Excalibur with his sword techniques, Exe with his hacking abilities, Werehog with his strength, Fleetway with his lasers..." He then just remembered that he forgot Super and looked at him. "Oh... Uh... You don't really have anything special..."

Super scoffed, looking at each and everyone of his brothers except for Sonic. "I have a special ability of my own. I was created to be stronger than all of you and to be in charge when Sonic isn't around."

"Couldn't have said it better than myself Super." Sonic crossed his arms, looking at said golden hedgehog. Super didn't look back at Sonic.

The door then opened and Dark was standing there with the guards immobilized. Seeing what had happened, Hyper flew over to look from the guards to Dark with a confused face. "Isn't that a tad bit overkill?"