Chapter 12

Tails p.o.v.

As Shadow was having his re-match with Exe, I couldn't help myself as I noticed how Hyper seemed a little agitated as if something went wrong. I approached him when everyone else wasn't watching and his expression immediately changed to scared.

"Tails, why are you here? Your supposed to be with your friends." he whispered while leading me away from the others.

"I just wanted to know if something was wrong."

"Why would you think that?" he laughed a bit while looking away

"Cause for one, your not looking me in the eye and another is that you were looking hesitant." he stared at me then looked over at Super and sighed.

"Okay, yes. Something is up but I can't tell you."

"Why not?" I placed my hands on my hips and he rubbed the back of his neck.

"Cause... well... I'm... not supposed to tell you." he placed his hands behind his back while looking down and rocking on the balls of his feet.

"Hyper, please?" he shook his head "All we wanted to know was Sonic's past and maybe we would stop bugging you and go away if you tell me." he stopped rocking and looked up at me then over at Super. Before I could react, he grabbed my arm really tight and took off away from everyone else. I had to spin my namesakes to try and not fly away. We soon made it to what looked like an old lab and he pushed me towards it.

"Quickly get what you want and leave!" he whispered to me while looking around and I raised an eye ridge. "Do you want to get caught and tortured by the others?" he looked at me with wide-eyes that had a crazy look in them and I shook my head. "Then hurry up!" I quickly got to my feet and started to look around.

"What is this place?" I asked out loud but didn't get a response. "Hyper?" I looked back at the entrance to see that he had already left. "Huh... wonder why he left..." shaking my head, I got back to looking for whatever might help me connect the dots to Sonic's past but all I found was a bunch of burnt objects, broken glass and clutter laying everywhere.

"How am I supposed to find anything- oh, what's this?" I saw a computer that still looked like it worked in one corner of the room and went up to it. "Huh... I wonder..." I turned it around to see that the circuits were intact and that the memory chip wasn't damaged. "Well... thank you Hyper." I mumbled then picked up a chair that was tipped over. I was able to find the on button but once it powered on, a passcode was needed.

"A password? Hmm... must be something important if Sonic would place a screen-lock on here." I reached for the keyboard and hovered my fingers over the keys.

"Password... password... what would Sonic use..." I rubbed my chin in thought until some ideas popped into my mind. "Ah! Chili dogs." Once I pressed enter, I yelled out while falling backwards as Exe's head appeared while making a distorted laugh. Just as quick as it appeared, it disappeared just as quickly leaving the screen black.

"Okay... that just happened..." I was able to sit back in the chair but as I moved the mouse to see if the screen was on sleep mode, Exe's face was still there but it made me jump when I saw it. I just frowned as I stared at his smiling face "Oh, haha, very funny." I pressed escape to get back to the screen-lock.

"Alright, not Chili dogs." I was about to type in another password when I hesitated. "Will that happen for every wrong password?" I glared at the screen then just to test my theory I typed in the letter A and pressed enter. Just like before, the same thing happened and I jumped as his face appeared while making that distorted laugh.

"Oh... great. Just plain great." I sighed then started typing in different passwords that I thought might work. Running, fastest thing alive, freedom, my name, Sonic's name, the forms names, the gang's names, none of them worked. I rubbed my eyes and glared at the screen. "Could've at least told me what the password was Hyper." I mumbled then sighed. "Maybe there's a clue here..." I got up and started to look around but was unsuccessful. "There has to be something here." I sat on the ground and sighed. "I'll never-hey, what's that?" I found a note taped to the bottom of the desk the computer was on and grabbed it.

"l, S, y, a, l." I read it out loud then scratched my head. "Huh... maybe this is the password." I sat back down and typed the letters but got the same result as before. "Or... maybe not..." I looked back at the note and saw that the S was uppercase while the others were all lower case. "Huh... a word maybe?" I typed an uppercase S first but then looked at the other four. "An anagram!" I began to type in different combinations. Syall, Sylla, Sllay, Sllya, Sylal, Slaly, Sayll. None worked.

"Ugh! There has to be someway to get in." I found a pencil lying on the ground and wrote on the paper of all the different combinations but I wrote one down that I haven't done yet but frowned at it. Sally. "Isn't that a girl's name?" I shook my head then typed it in but before I pressed enter, I crossed my fingers. "Please let this be the one." I pressed the button and watched as the computer made a ding then I was in.

"Yes! Now I can-" I was about to go into the files when there was only one icon on the whole screen. The surveillance icon. "Hmm... wonder what that's all about." I clicked on it and it brought me to the cameras but It was showing this room without me in it.

"Huh... maybe..." I rewound the footage until it stopped. What it showed was a bunch of scientists surrounding seven objects. I narrowed my eyes to get a closer look and gasped as I realized that those objects were the Chaos Emeralds! I watched as the scientists started to freak out over something and the emeralds glowed. They all watched in horror as a blur emerged from them and stood in front of them. I was sure my jaw dropped as I recognized the being was Sonic, only, he didn't have his gloves or shoes. The scientists stared at him while he stared back. One of the scientists which I guessed was the leader, approached him and I saw Sonic growl. Sonic waved his hands out to the sides making the emeralds glow and circle around him. All of a sudden, eight more blurs emerged and formed the forms. Sonic gave an evil smirk, saying something and I widened my eyes as I watched all eight forms tear every single scientist apart and Sonic was laughing as the room was placed into the same state as it was now. The forms all turned to Sonic and bowed to him as he said something else and they all cheered. All nine hedgehogs raced out the room and the footage stopped just as the Chaos Emeralds scattered. I leaned back in the chair and rubbed my forehead.

"Man... who knew Sonic was crazy enough to kill?" all of a sudden the screen went black and I moved the mouse around but it didn't do anything. "Oh come on. I didn't do anything, did I?" the screen made the same ding sound from before but when it turned on, it had me with Sonic scowling behind me. Sonic!? I quickly turned around and he glared at me.

"What do you think your doing?" he growled and I gave a nervous chuckle

"W-Well, S-Sonic... I was... well... what I mean to say was that I was curious about your past and-"

"Bullshit!" he snarled and I pinned my ears to my head. "I don't want to hear it!" he roughly grabbed my arm and started to drag me away.

"W-Where a-are w-we g-going?" he looked at me with malice in his eyes and gave an evil smirk.

"You'll see, Miles Prower." I widened my eyes farther then I possibly could and I was sure my pupils shrank in fear. Sonic had never used my real name before! He chuckled as he dragged me back to the gang and I saw that everyone else was surrounded by the forms. "Take them to the cove, Super your with me." he started walking away to a tall city in the distance and I looked over my shoulder to see that they were walking in the opposite direction. Whatever Sonic is doing, I don't think its anything remotely close to what a hero would do.