Chapter 19

Third Person

As the gang stared at the nine hedgehogs, they stared back but waited for the signal. The signal that would allow them to kill the other creatures. Sonic smiled at the scene he had created and his emeralds travelled to light blue eyes. Sonic held out his hand and waved the fox over.

"Come here Tails." the fox's ears pinned to his head and his namesakes were held tightly in his hands but he still walked towards the cobalt hedgehog. He knew better than anyone that if Sonic says something, he means it. So, to say that he was literally going to kill everyone and seeing all nine killer hedgehogs in front of him only confirmed any doubts he may have had. Once the fox was standing beside the hedgehog he once called his brother, said being placed his arm around orange shoulders. "Your one of us now, little bro."

"Tails?" the fox looked at the pink hedgehog who spoke up. "Your behind this? You were working with Sonic all along?" the fox felt guilty for betraying his friends and looked down in shame.

"I'm sorry guys." he said and Knuckles snorted.

"I should've known." he pointed an accusing finger at the fox "We all should've known that you wouldn't know something so important and not tell us. You really are a little fox aren't you? Keeping secrets to yourself, joining with an evil hedgehog. It all makes senses know." Tails's head popped up at hearing that.

"But-"

"No buts, traitor." Silver got into a fighting stance followed by Blaze.

"And why are you calling me evil?" Sonic said as he tilted his head slightly "Is it wrong to follow one's ideals or dreams? To do what you think is right? To feel such pain and hold yourself back? To help everyone and they not help you?" his voice grew harsh with each question he asked and the gang was a little taken back from it. "My brothers and I had faced this pathetic rock before and saw that not everyone is good nor evil so I ask again, why are you calling me evil?"

"Because you and those, THINGS are trying to kill everyone!" Amy shouted and received growls from the hedgehogs.

"Watch it you little bitch." Super growled.

"We are far more powerful than you ever were and can kill you all in ten seconds flat." Exe said with venom dripping from his tongue. Shadow had stepped back from the growls the hedgehogs were making until he was almost against the wall. In his eyes, he could see the pain the cobalt hedgehog had in his and had wondered if something had happened to put it there. And as if the gods were listening, he got what he wanted.

"First of all, they are my brothers and second, they have been through everything with me." Sonic stated in a matter of fact tone while crossing his arms over his chest.

"If they are your brothers, then why are they listening to you? I thought they would do what they wanted." Blaze inquired.

"Because I created them." he looked down at Tails who was silent during the whole conversation. "Tails, care to explain what you saw in the lab?" Tails shivered at the dangerous tone the cobalt hedgehog was using.

"I saw that a bunch of scientists were surrounding the seven Chaos Emeralds. The emeralds were connected to a machine and when everything was going smoothly, the emeralds glowed and Sonic appeared. After, his brothers appeared and they killed all the scientists under Sonic's orders." Tails had shivered at the parts where he said 'brothers' and 'killed' but stopped himself from stuttering. He can't look weak, especially with everyone's eyes on him. Tails dared to look up his used to be friends and saw mixed emotions in their eyes. Confusion, hurt, betrayal, anger and a lot of other things as well.

"That's right. They went through everything with me." Sonic had given the fox and squeeze and looked at the gang. "You never helped me when I was feeling down and never asked if I was okay. You didn't do anything and thought I could take care of myself. And after everything I did to help protect you, you treat me like dirt in the end." he growled the last part then chuckled. "And now, we are here and you're thinking I'm the evil one cause I'm doing what I believe." he shook his head. "I really was a fool thinking that you were like Sally."