Chapter 10

Sonic's p.o.v. (before Super goes back to the group)

Once Super walked away, I stayed standing there. The lab was one place I'll never forget because it led me to meet the little princess. I still have a hard time comprehending how she managed to change my mind about any living thing though. Well, we did make the deal that if she managed to do just that, then no one would meet a devastating end. I chuckled at Super's words and I gotta hand it to him. He surely does make rock-hard plans. I zipped away from the lab and headed straight for the void where I saw Exe lounging about.

"Hey Sonic. What brings you here?"

"Oh nothing." I chuckled as he looked at me suspiciously. They know better when I say nothing, its always something. He stood up and crossed his arms over his chest.

"Come on Sonic. I know its not nothing cause you came to me so I know its something."

"Alright, alright, it is something." he waved for me to continue. "You know how all of you are going easy on them?"

"Yeah."

"Scratch that."

He raised an eye ridge "How so?"

"I want you to cheat and mock them." he smiled and lowered his arms.

"Really?" I nodded and his smile turned into a devious smirk.

"Super made that new plan and even if they are somehow able to cheat through your cheating, don't allow them to win." I glared and he nodded.

"You don't need to worry about anything."

"Oh, and choose Shadow for a race. I'm sure you'll be able to pull a fast one?" he chuckled

"With pleasure." he looked over my shoulders and I followed his gaze to see Super walking with the others right this way. I glared at them before I raced over to Dark's hill. But when I got there, I couldn't see him anywhere.

"Dark?" I looked around and shrugged. 'Maybe he's somewhere else.' I saw Fleetway's destroyed city in the distance and took off over there. "Fleetway!" I called out once I stepped in. "Fleet?"

"Hey, hey. Sonic! Come to see little ol' me?" I heard him laugh and followed his voice to see him and Dark both laying on a building. "I suppose that you've come this way not for the faint of heart, hmm?"

"More business then play though with you, anything can be turned into a fun-fest." he chuckled and smirked at me.

"You know me so well."

"Maybe a little too well." Dark stated in a matter of fact tone causing Fleetway to pout.

"And you need to chill out a bit more, emo." he crossed his arms over his chest

"Tch." Dark jumped down from the building, followed by Fleet. "Are you just racing around or is this an actual order?"

"More like a task. I need the both of you to make it impossible for my friends to beat you." they looked at each other then back at me. Fleetway was ecstatic while Dark looked unsure.

"Where do I begin?"

"Woah, woah, hold on Fleetway." Dark placed his hands on his hips "Are you sure about this Sonic? These are the same Mobians who wanted to poke around in unwanted territory."

I chuckled "Don't worry about anything. So long as Super keeps them on a tight leash, then no questions will be asked and they will have nothing to wonder about." he hummed

"Alright, count me in."

"Good."