Chapter 31

3rd POV

Proctor told them to check who they were going to fight once again and Naruto asked what will happen to Sasuke if he didn’t come on time. Proctor told us he would be disqualified and lose by default.

‘What is Sasuke doing at a time like this? How can he be late for such an important event?! Stupid duckbutt. If he doesn’t win and we don’t get to fight later then I’ll beat him up’ y/n thought.

Proctor told them the rules are same as preliminaries and told Naruto and Neji to wait. Others all left to go to the stand. Naruto and Neji stood facing each other and Neji asked if Naruto wanted to say something.

Naruto held up his hand and vowed again. With that match between Naruto and Neji began. Neji took a stance, activating his byakugan. No one made a move.

Neji inched forward, little at a time and Naruto threw three kunai at him. Neji deflected them with his own kunai. Naruto ran forward and went to punch Neji, but Neji deflected it with his palm.

Naruto was falling face first but used it to get a kick at Neji which didn’t land. Naruto ran at Neji to punch his face but Neji moved his head. Naruto kept punching and Neji kept blocking with his palm.

They continued to engage into Taijutsu battle. And Neji got a hit at Naruto. Neji went to block a chakra point and Naruto remembered Neji’s fight with Hinata. All those who knew Naruto were getting restless in the audience but Naruto moved and managed to avoid getting hit. Naruto had rolled on the ground.

Naruto got up and made shadow clones. All of them got kunai out and all of them ran at Neji. Neji deflected all their attack without much of an effort. Naruto kicked Neji and he flew a bit. But it turned out Neji didn’t really get hit.

Neji stood taking his stance as all Naruto’s ran at him. Two from sideways, whom he kicked after jumping in air and they poofed. Other two ran at him from behind and he pushed them ahead with his palm and hit them, making them poof too. Only real Naruto stood there and they started talking.

(Naruto episode 61)

Naruto made a lots of clones and one of them ran at Neji, getting beaten by him. Other clones started attacking Neji too. Punching, kicking but Neji dodged them all. Then Neji ran ignoring all the Naruto’s around him and hit the one Naruto at the very back. He coughed up a bit of blood and Naruto clones started poofing away.

Neji was being smug but Naruto laughed looking at him and poofed away. Two Naruto’s launched an attack from behind, hyping up his friends. Naruto got a punch at Neji but it was blocked by chakra and both Naruto’s flew away, the clone poofing.

Everyone was shocked, especially the Hyuga Clan Leader, Hiashi Hyuga, since it was a technique passed down in the main branch only. Naruto made a few clones and surrounded Neji.

All Naruto clones started to attack him at once but Neji repelled it with the technique called rotation. (It’s all explained in the episode please watch it if you like. I’m not gonna explain here. I’m too lazy for that)

Naruto stood up and Neji took stance for 8 Trigrams 64 Palms. Hiashi was shocked to see that. Neji started his attack and blocked all of Naruto’s chakra points. Naruto flew from the force and fell to the ground.

The proctor came forward and Naruto was trying to stand. Neji started talking about how he won’t be able to get up and powerlessness. Naruto remembered Lee and Hinata’s struggle during preliminary and stood up once again, breathing heavily, shocking Neji.

Neji and Naruto started talking. (Yeah I’m not writing that shit) Neji told Naruto about how his hatred for the Head Family came to be and about the Hyuga Curse Mark. Neji removed his headband to show his curse mark as he continued his tale.

(Naruto episode 62)

Neji tied his headband, finishing his talking. Naruto said that it’s a mistake to think everything is destiny and Neji activated his byakugan, attacking Naruto. Naruto flew backwards falling to the ground and Neji told the proctor it’s  over.

Neji turned his back to leave but Naruto called out, standing up again. They talked again, Neji remembering a memory from his past and shouted at Naruto that he doesn’t know what it’s like.

Naruto remembered his own painful past and talked again. As Naruto talked Neji got angry. Neji asked how he was going to fight with all his chakra points blocked and Naruto remembered Jiraiya’s words.

Naruto closed his eyes and stood there. Neji deactivated his byakugan, confused. Naruto called out in his mind and then felt something. Neji warned the proctor that he would fight with intent to kill.

Naruto began trying to gather chakra. Neji activated his byakugan again and soon air started swirling around Naruto along with some chakra. Ninetails chakra started running throughout Naruto’s body.

Neji felt the pressure and the some people from audience were starting to recognise the chakra. The chakra moved around like tails behind Naruto, it started swirling around him and finally everything became still.

Naruto was covered in red chakra (Though I still think it’s orange) and he disappeared leaving Neji staring and processing for a while. From mid-air Naruto threw a few shuriken at Neji who blocked them with his rotation technique.

Taking some of his own shuriken, Neji threw them at Naruto who had used wall to pushing himself towards Neji. Even though mid-air Naruto dodged the attack, shocking Neji. Naruto punched but Neji dodged, both of them pulling out their kunai.

They threw kunai at each other which cancelled out and they launched themselves at each other taking the kunai once more and clashing. Naruto ran at Neji with kunai and Neji sensed that he won’t be able to block easily and used rotation.

Two chakras clashed against each other, causing a blast. Everyone watching were shocked as the ground shook and dust and smoke surrounded the battlefield. As the smoke cleared out two holes were seen. Everyone held their breaths to find out who would win.

A hand came out, the person pulled himself out. It was Neji. Neji struggled to walk and reached near the other hole where Naruto was laid, unconscious.

Neji was talking but suddenly ground under him broke and Naruto came out, punching Neji’s chin from below. Neji flew and fell on his back at some distance as Naruto stood breathing heavily with nails bleeding.

Neji wasn’t able to move his body. The clone in the hole poofed revealing another hole. Naruto walked over to were Neji laid. Naruto told Neji about him being a failure and that Shadow clone jutsu was his weakest ninjutsu.

Naruto was declared the winner of the match and great cheers rose from the crowd. Y/n was shouting her lungs out, happy that Naruto won.

----------------------------------

Hey guys. How have you been? This chapter isn't that good but I hope you are least enjoyed it. Thanks for reading. Have an amazing day. Take care of yourself 😘 Love you all 💕 Hugs for you ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ