Chapter 23- ''What are You Doing Here?"

Chapter 23; "What Are You Doing Here?"

Phoebe's POV cont..

I wake up with a massive headache. Memories play through my head from last night. I shake them away. I do not need to think about that right now.

I reluctantly get up and quickly change into my work uniform. Unfortunately, my parents are making me work the morning shift and open up the restaurant. Which is so much work because the people who do the closing shift, never actually do all their closing shift tasks. Leaving me to do double the work.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I arrive at the restaurant, and pull out the keys to open up.

After a couple hours, it gets more and more crowded. 3 is usually our rush hour.

I've been here since 7, and I'm so tired. It doesn't help that I have a major headache too. I'm never drinking again. Thankfully, my shift ends in half an hour.

"Thanks for dining with us."I say to a family as I give them their check.

I head over to the kitchen to grab a table's meals. I'm holding about four at a time, and my hands feel numb from the weight. I'm zoned out, walking over to the table, when I suddenly forget about that extra stair step.

A loud bang goes through the whole restaurant. Everyone is suddenly silent. My hands and knees are on the floor, and the plates I was just holding are now shattered everywhere. Shit.

I look over to see my mom's eyes shooting me daggers.

"Phoebe."She blankly, motioning her finger for me to come over. My stomach turns with fear, and I slowly walk over.

She brings me into the hall, and I already know what's coming.

"Phoebe! Estupido! I did not raise a clutz as a daughter! Look where you are going. Those plates are expensive and you just caused the people in the kitchen to have to remake four more meals."

"I know ma."I say, flustered. She then walks away and storms into the kitchen.

This about tips me over the edge. For some reason, tears begin to form in my eyes. Gosh why has this past week been so sucky? Thank God my shift is over now. I run out to the parking lot and drive home as quickly as possible.

——------------------------

I'm currently laying on my bed, listening to music. This usually helps me calm down. Tears are still in my eyes. I've just been so stressed recently. I feel like so much has been going on and I honestly need a break.

I'm broken out of my thoughts when I hear something hard hit my window.

"What the hell?"I voice. I don't need a robber to add to the stress of this night.

"Phoebe! Open your window!" I hear a voice yell. I walk over to see Reese standing in the plants outside my window.

My eyes widen in surprise. What is he doing here?

I open the window for him to walk in.

"What are you doing here?"I ask.

"Look, I came to see you. I realize I haven't been very fair to you these past couple days and I'm sorry. I need to clear a few things up."He explains. As much as I was mad at him, part of me is curious to hear what he has to say. How he could possibly be able to explain why he's been so hot and cold.

"Ever since our kiss, I haven't been able to stop thinking about you."He begins.

Bullshit."Then why did you ignore me after?"I ask, interrupting him.