Chapter 25- Late Night Beach Meet Up?

Chapter 25; Late Night Beach Meet Up?

Fay's POV:

I wonder how it's going with Rosie and all the guys. She told us she was meeting up with them today to tell them about her cancer. I still can't believe it all. I feel like so much has happened in these past couple weeks.

As for Ben and I, we still haven't spoken since he said we're better off as friends. I feel like our whole friendship is ruined now. I don't have work today, thank God. So now I don't have to deal with the awkwardness at work.

A couple hours later...

"Fay, Fay!!"I hear my little sister call from outside my bedroom.

"What is it?"I ask before she storms in.

"Can we bake something? I'm bored and dad is taking a nap."She begs, putting her hands together in a prayer motion.

"Sure. What do you want to bake?"I ask, getting up from my bed and heading into the kitchen.

"Brownies."She says with a grin. I look through the pantry and sure enough, the brownie mix is sitting on the shelf.

After we finish baking the brownies, we wait for them to cool down before eating them. I'm currently sitting on my counter stool when I get a text. I check my phone and my heart drops when I read the name of who texted me. It's Ben..

Ben:

Hey can we talk? Meet me at the beach.

I respond with an okay as I go to wake my dad up. He tosses a bit before opening his eyes.

"What is it?"He asks, yawning.

"I'm going to the beach if that's alright."I say, hopeful.

"Yeah sure."

"Okay I just took the brownies out of the oven so when you get a chance, cut a piece for (little sisters name)

"Alright."

I grab my keys and hop into my dad's truck. I'm a bit curious as to what Ben has to say.

As I walk down the beach, the nerves in my stomach resurface. I have no idea what to expect.

I sit down on the sand as my long hair blows through the wind. I pat it down, trying to keep it from blowing in my face.

"Hey."I hear a voice say, breaking me out of my thoughts. I look up to see Ben standing there. Well, I'm pretty sure it's him, I can't completely tell in the dark.

"Hi." I reply, fidgeting with my bracelet. He sits down next to me in the sand. His hair is in his face, blowing from the wind.

He looks nervous.

"The ocean uh looks really pretty."He says, looking down at the sand.

"Ben, why did you ask me to meet here?"I say, impatiently. Can he just cut to the chase?

"Right. Sorry. I feel like you deserve an explanation for what happened."

Oh no. What is he going to say?

He takes a deep before speaking. "My whole life, I haven't ever really had anyone constant. You know, with my family and all. And I guess I didn't wanna lose another person. Because we're leaving for college soon and everything. I guess that's why I broke it off with you. " He says, still looking at the sand.

This is what it was all about?

"So you're scared to lose your friends when you leave for college?" I ask

"God Fay, you can be really clueless sometimes."He responds

I stare at him, lost.

He looks back at me, and shakes his head in disbelief

"I'm not JUST afraid to lose our friends. I'm scared to lose you."He says, flustered.

"Why?"I ask.

"Because I really like you okay?"He states, his tone getting higher. I sit there, shocked. It feels like everything just stopped for a second.

"Ben-"I begin but he interrupts me.

"That's why I did what I did. Because I'm scared of how much I like you. I don't want to lose you."I can't help the smile that comes to my face. I don't hesitate before I grab his face and kiss him. He seems a bit taken by surprise before he begins to kiss me back. He leans his body forward, our chests touching. He runs his hands through my hair. My heart is racing but in a good way.

I break away from our kiss for a moment.

"I like you too."I whisper

He smiles in reply, pulling me back into him. His tongue lightly enters my mouth. I get goosebumps as his hand travels up my back and rests at my bra. I move my hand to his arms, feeling his defined muscles.

After a while, we finally peel off each other.

He looks at me, lightly touching my hair."God you're gorgeous."He mumbles. I couldn't help the blush that escapes my cheeks.

"You're not too bad yourself."I say with a grin.