Chapter 15

Bailey was sitting on the hospital bed while a nurse checked her blood pressure for one last time.  When Bailey woke up, she found a bottle of saline hanging on a pole next to her bed, attached to her forearm and people were busy around her. Her chest didn't hurt anymore but she couldn't feel anything either.
Is everything okay? She thought.

The nurse looked at her notes and spoke,
"It's all good, Ms Adams. As doctor have already talked you about it, you are doing good. Your EKG and chest Xray are normal. The chest pain you experienced could be  because of a panic attack . You are good to go." The nurse smiled at her and left.
Bailey could only nod in response. The last thing she remebered was sitting in the court, listening to the verdict.
I am not going to jail! That can't be right!

Bailey was sure she heard the judge about some community service or serving some time but she was not  sure about it anymore. She had a panic attack with whatever was going on in that court.
But how she was here? Who brought her here?
Her eyes started searching for the room. Derek was nowhere. Nurse had told her a guy brought her there and took care of everything.

It must be Derek but where is he?

Bailey was given clearance to go and she left the hospital. When she stood outside, she took a deep breath and felt the morning breeze on her face. She was at the hospital overnight.
Bailey had nowhere to go, her house and bakery was gone, her mother was gone and she was left all alone.
But there's Derek! She thought.
Despite Derek being there for her, she was starting to think that he was too good for her. He was now at a big position at a big company, he was progressing in his life and she didn't want to hold him back.
Bailey was walking aimlessly in the streets of New York, her feet taking her to the bakery. She found herself infront of that little bakery and tears starting flooding down her cheek.

~~~~~

After dropping off Bailey at the hospital, Roman left and sat in his car to drive away as far as possible but somehow he couldn't, he was still in the parking lot inside his car. Bailey's unconsciouss state kept flashing infront of his eyes which made him uneasy.

Fuck it!

Roman exited his car and went back in the hospital. He talked to the nurse and the doctor. Got all the tests done and did everything he could possibly do. He sat near Bailey for few minutes, looking at her face. His heart ached for some reason which he hated.
Alyssa could have been saved if someone had helped her like I did!

Roman left the hospital once again and sat in his car. He was exhausted and didn't realise when he felt asleep. He woke up to the noise by the ambulance sirens and he found himself sleeping and his neck hurt. He drove from the lot and saw Bailey standing at the entrance of the hospital.
He looked at her eyes. She looked peaceful somehow. He wanted to drive away but waited, he didn't know why.
Bailey started to walk and he waited for her. Roman followed her around the city, he didn't know why was he following her, the only justification he gave himself was that he was curious. He saw her standing and crying silently infront of the bakery. The more he looked at her, the more restless he became. He felt lost. He wanted to hurt her, for her to feel pain but felt bad for her at the same time. She had lost a lot of things, just like him.

He didn't know how long they both were there. She was standing in front of bakery and he was sitting in the car, leaning back.  It was somehow peaceful to him.

He then saw her move all of a sudden and he shifted in his seat.

What the fuck am I doing! How can I feel bad for this girl!?

When Roman saw Bailey go inside the bakery, anger flashed in his eyes. She was free! The court let her go!
Roman remembered the words he spoke to Bailey last time and his hands gripped the stairing wheel very tight. He looked at her for the last time and a wicked smile spread on his lips.
Enjoy your last peaceful day Bailey. You'd wish you were in jail after I am done with you!

~~~~~

To anyone who is reading this story, thank you so much❤️🤗
I'll be back updating soon💙