Chapter 10

"Excuse me?" Bailey spoke and the stranger turned around.

He was a very handsome man, his blue piercing eyes looked very tired, but they were beautiful. They were staring directly at her with an intense gaze. His hair were a little messy and lips formed a thin line.
No matter how attractive he looked, he was reflecting an aura which scared Bailey.
His intense gaze made her uncomfortable. His strong jaw clenched and he suddenly stood up that made Bailey retreat back two steps.

He quickly stood in front of her, his eyes looking straight into hers. He was taller than her and he looked like a predator, ready to kill his target.

"You must be wondering, who am I. "

Bailey heard him speak. His voice was awfully calmer than his demeanour which made her shiver.
She tried move back a little and spoke,

"I am afraid I don't know you. "

"But I know you very well, Bailey. "

Bailey immediately looked at him, expecting him to explain a little more but he spoke nothing.

"Um, we're closed today. You can visit tomorrow if you want to buy something."
Bailey shifted signalling him to leave but he suddenly grabbed her arm quite tightly, causing her pain.
She used her other hand to remove his hand but he didn't budge.

"What are you doing? Let go of me!"
Bailey spoke a little too loudly which caught her mother's attention.

"Bailey? "
Bailey grew tensed. This man was still holding despite her trying to free herself.

"Your mother will not be happy learning about your recent visit to the police station." He spoke menacingly and Bailey's eyes grew bigger with shock.

He knows! Who is this person?

Her mother entered the room and Roman immediately let go of her hand.

"What's happening?" she asked watching both of them with suspicion.

"Nothing, mom. We are just talking. Can you give us a minute? "
Bailey spoke, trying hard not to cry.
Her mother suspicion grew even more. Bailey looked at her mother as if she was pleading her to leave.
Her mother thought something and then left the bakery.

"OK. " She spoke.

Roman turned to face her as soon as her mother left.

"Apart from being a murderer, you are a pretty good liar too! " Roman said with hatred dripping from each word.
Bailey grew pale. Tears forming in her eyes,

"I am not a liar and definitely not a murderer!"

Roman grabbed her by shoulders, his hold tighter this time and Bailey groaned in pain.

"What do you want from me?" as she struggled to free her.

"I want you to die!" Roman spoke in a dangerous tone and tears started falling from her eyes.

She felt scared and was still trying to free herself. The more she struggled, the more he tightened his grip and the pain became unbearable.

"You killed the love of my life. You don't deserve to live. "

"I did not kill anyone!!"

Roman eyes filled with fury. He loathed this girl who was lying straight to his face.
He shrugged her, forcing her to look at him,

"SURE! People like you know very well how to deceive others! "

Bailey was now crying but silently, not wanting her mother to hear any of this.

"Please.." she couldn't say anything more.
Her sobs didn't let her.

Roman looked at her but didn't show any sign of mercy.

"I am not letting you run away like you did that night. Trust me, I'll make sure your life is as miserable as mine! I want you to feel the same pain as I am feeling right now."

He roughly let go of her and Bailey lost control in her legs. She was about to fall but he held her by her arm leaving her dangling and spoke,

"Accept your crime and rot in jail. If I see you roaming around freely in the city as if you haven't done nothing wrong, I will kill you! And destroy everyone and everything around you. Mark my words."

His dangerous words made her weaker and tears flew like rivers on her cheeks.
He let go of her hand roughly and Bailey fell on the floor. Roman didn't look back and left the bakery.
She didn't get up and kept crying on the floor.

Bailey's mother was standing behind the door and heard everything. Her chest felt tighter and pain started to spread across. She clenched her fist on top of her heart trying to breathe but in vain.
Her breath became shorter as she was trying hard to breathe, her vision became blurry. She was unable to maintain her balance and fell, few things fell along with her when she was trying to hold something and a loud noise filled the room.
Bailey heard the sound of something falling to the ground with a loud thud that startled her and immediately got up to check what's wrong.
She opened the back door of bakery to find her mother lying on the floor unconscious.

"Mom! Mom! Are you OK?" she cried while holding her mother in her hand.
Bailey was shaking her mom, wishing her to open her eyes but nothing.

~~~~~~~~~~~
About an hour later, she found herself sitting in the waiting area in a hospital, her eyes swollen and trails of dried tears on her cheeks.
Her life was suddenly in so much chaos that she was not sure if she could survive.
The thought of loosing her mother drove her crazy. She was so exhausted that she thought she was going to die.

"I want you to die!" she remembered his words. She was wondering how much hate a person can carry in their heart!

Few minutes later, a nurse called him to meet the doctor. Bailey rushed to him to ask about her mother.

"Doctor? How is she?"

"She suffered a heart attack. "
Bailey gasped in shock.

"We will have an immediate surgery. You have to fill the consent form and pay the amount straight as you angioplasty is not covered by your self paid insurance. We have to be quick."

"How much is the amount?"

"Her case is a little complicated. It will be around 55 thousand dollars. "

"55 thousand dollars!"

That would just be for the surgery! She thought. But Bailey somehow had to arrange for the money as soon as possible.

~~~~~~~

Bailey saw her mother lying unconscious on the bed. She held her hand and thought about the best moments with her. She was somehow able to compose herself when her father died because her mother was there, but if she would lose her mother, she would not be able to recover.

Bailey was busy thinking about a way to arrange money and came to a conclusion.
She had to sell the bakery, even though it was still not full paid yet. The bakery was her father's hard work but if her mother's life was at sake, she would not think about selling it twice.

Bailey still had not contacted Derek yet. She was so consumed in her worries that she forgot to do that. Besides, an unexpected visit from Roman was still consuming her in fear. Roman seemed dangerous and she must stay away from him.

She wasted no time in selling her property and rushed to the hospital. She paid the amount and the surgery began, the wait started. The operation would soon be over and her mother will be awake soon. She kept assuring herself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~