Chapter 28

Roman was working in his office when he heard his assistant Stephen calling out for him.

"What?" His voice was loud enough.

Stephen realised Roman's voice was too loud so he spoke quietly in his ear,

"Boss, I am not sure if I should be telling you this, I don't know if that's important or not, but Bailey has been seen with Derek this morning. He was here earlier today."

"Are you sure?"

Stephen nodded which unknowingly angered Roman. He quickly got up from his chair, leaving all paperwork scattered on his desk and spoke,

"Okay. Let's go."

Roman immediately left his office but took a final look at Bailey. Her curious eyes were trying to say something, but Roman, after listening to what Stephen had told him, was beyond angry.
He tried to keep calm but as soon as he sat in his car, he gripped the wheel so hard that his knuckles turned white. Stephen was still standing outside the car, utterly confused.

"That BASTARD!" Roman hit the wheel one more time, but this time the horn blew too loud.
He couldn't believe Derek would dare to enter his office, specially with what had happened last time. But he was more angry at Bailey! Why was she talking to him? What business she had with him now? When he literally sold her out for a single night? What was she thinking?

"Keys, Stephen. Give me the damn keys!" Roman lashed out but Stephen remained calm and spoke,

"Boss, where are we going?"

"I AM going to speak to that motherf**cker Derek! Get me my keys, now!"

Stephen calmly approached the car and opened the door,

"Boss, we can't. I had to inform you what I saw. But going to Derek's office would be a waste of your time. With due respect sir, you have no business there."

Roman looked at him wildly. He was breathing heavily with anger that boiled inside him.

What was he thinking? What would he say to Derek? Roman's mind screamed with questions for which he had no answer to.
Roman took a deep breath and rest his head on the wheel.
Why am I behaving like this? This shouldn't be affecting me like this?

Roman started to feel like a stupid person. Was it that easy for him to react such a way after knowing Bailey and Derek were hanging out? What was she trying to do to him?

But the raging questions that were eating him inside were- What was she doing with Derek? Didn't he leave her for good to get better opportunity? He misbehaved with her and she was still talking to him? Why? The jealousy was unreasonable but somehow Roman was burning inside.

He exited the car and re-entered the office. He quickly went up to Bailey's desk and asked her to speak to him in his office.

Bailey was nervous and confused but she quietly trailed along with him. When she saw Stephen standing outside and not following them inside, she got scared.

As soon as Bailey entered his office, Roman passed around her and closed the door. With no one around them, he quickly grabbed her arm by his one hand and made her sit on the couch. Bailey sat like a statue but her heart was beating so fast, she was afraid he might hear it in that quiet room. Roman started to pace around the office, running his hand through his hair. He tried to say something but didn't know what to say. He had no idea why he dragged her here. Being with her in close proximity was already too dangerous for him. A moment passed and Bailey sat in silence, Roman was still thinking something when someone knocked on the door.
Bailey tried to get up but Roman pointed at her and spoke,