Nᴜ̀ᴍᴇʀᴏ ᴠᴇɪɴᴛᴇ

HAKEEM CHOZEN CARTER SR

Hakeem sat with his legs wide open as he waited in the visitation room for Keisha

Hakeem sat with his legs wide open as he waited in the visitation room for Keisha. He didn't know what to say because he didn't have anything to say to her....if anything he felt like she should always be the one talking.

Anybody could see that he was in fact a man but no one besides a real women could see that he was in fact a broken man with a hint of nervousness sitting in this room.

Only reason why he was up here today was to check up on her since he hadn't heard any updates due to the facility being busy. Yes he couldn't stand the sight of her but still if she was trying why couldn't he ?

"Hi"

Keisha had finally made it into the room and to say she was nervous was an understatement...she was literally surprised to see Hakeem since he made it known the only reason he'll ever show his face here was in case of an emergency.

Hakeem looked up from his phone and to his surprise Keisha looked unbelievable great. She looked like what he once knew, the women he called his soon to be wife...she looked like she had potential again.

He gave her a head nod as she sat in the seat across from him. The two really didn't know how to start up a conversation between them due to the fact they haven't had one in years.

"How are you ?" Keisha swallowed the lump in her throat and started the conversation.

"Gangsta..." she shook her head not surprised that he didn't return the question.

"What brings you by"

"You who else ion know nobody here "

"Right "

The tension in the room between the two was thick and Hakeem didn't have it in him to try and smooth the tension in the air. He seen that she was doing great so therefore it was no reason for him to still be sitting there....at least that's what he thought.

"Wassup why you come up here ? Ian tryna waste yo time and ion need nobody wasting mine. I don't have time for your judgement right now I'm trying Hakeem I'm trying to get it together so do me the favor and just keep the looks of disappointment to yourself if you can't do that I advise you not to visit "

"Hmmph" Hakeem shook his head at her outburst" I just wanted to see how they were treating you in hea the phones been busy"

"Well as you can see I'm doing fine better than I have been at least "

Hakeem gave her a tight lip smile before he stood up to dismiss himself. He had too much pride in him to congratulate her progress...it was something he Couldn't bring himself to do.

"It would be nice if you could call to give me an update so I won't have to waste gas coming up here "

"Ion have a number it would be nice if you would leave one "