Seventeen

My Black History Book isn't getting the attention that I hoped, so I decided to write a chapter to keep from being sad(-der than already am about it).

~~

After an hour or so, you decided to go change out of your swimsuit since you weren't going back in the water for the day. You washed the ocean off you and patted your braids dry and threw on the first outfit you saw.

 You washed the ocean off you and patted your braids dry and threw on the first outfit you saw

(Picked out by my sister)

You were looking around for your hat, trying to remember where you saw it last.

"Hey Usopp!" You called out since you heard his voice outside.

"Yeah?!" He called back.

"Have you seen my hat?" You asked as you came out of your room.

"What did it look like?"

"White straw hat with a brown rim."

"I think you left in down in the lab. Let's go check." He says.

You both went down into the lab and looked around. "What was I doing last for it to be down here?"

You looked in one of the drawers and something caught your attention. "What's this? Some kind of kink Mask?"

Usopp turned around and his eyes widened when you were holding his Sogeking mask. "O-oh! That's nothing, let me just take that!"

"What, is it like a secret or something?" You asked, now curious.

"Well, sort of...but you can't let Luffy and Chopper find out." You did a zipper motion across your lips.

"I'm Sogeking. He's like a super hero."

"Huh, so it's like a secret identity or something." You say.

"Yeah, something like that." He puts the mask in a safer spot and pulls out your hat. "Here's you hat." He places it on top of your head.

"You look amazing by the the way. I think sage is your color." He compliments.

You couldn't help but smile. "Thank you, you don't look bad yourself."

It wasn't long after when Sanji started to work on the food. The aroma alone had you at the grill in an instant. You were even Sanji's taste tester, and you gave him a hand with making red beans and rice.

"Now, you put in the thyme, some bay leaf, and cayenne pepper." You say.

"How much?" He asked.

"This much." You grabbed a handful of spices and threw them in the pot. "If your nose isn't running, then it's not perfect." You say.

"Let's try these Cilantro and lemon ribs that you say is the best thing ever." He says while grabbing one.

"I'll try one with you, and you're gonna enjoy it." You say while grabbing one.