12.

"theres a party tomorrow. you wanna come?" i ask billie, shes laying on me as we sit on the grass taking in the view of the flower field below.

the same view i had shown her couple weeks ago.

"really?! yes- this would be my first highschool party" she says with excitement proping herself up onto my lap. "yeah, it's gonna be at darius's house. i wont drink so i can be your ride" i say letting out a laugh, looking at her so ecstatic.

"yes, this is so exciting, hopefully it is fun..." she says placing a kiss on my cheek.

i have noticed that shes been very clingy recently. nothing i mind, if anything i love it.

in all honesty, i didn't think i would feel the way i do for her.

i haven't been in a relationship for almost two years, for couple of reason, but i know i'd probably hurt her like i did my last...

and no not physically, never that.

...the sun was setting, so we packed up our things and made our way back home.

my parents were coming over to eat and watch movies with billies family either way so i just stayed and spent the rest of my night there

me and billie were upstairs watching 'fear of the walking dead' till we got called down stairs to eat dinner.

Marie made her amazing stuffed bell peppers - one of my favorite dishes she would always make when me and billie were younger.

"im about to fuck this shit up" i say looking inside the oven. looking behind me, seeing billie struggling to grab some plates down.

"im glad you still like them. when was the last time you had some?- oh dani can you help billie please" Marie says letting out a laugh seeing billie almost tip over.

i laugh going behind billie, placing a kiss on her neck moving her out the way. Marie clears her throat, making me let out a small laugh in awkwardness.

i forget that there are other people around, i rub the awkwardness away hearing billie groan.

"i can reach!..." she deadpans crossing her arms and huffing, trying to prove herself "no you cant. uh, maybe like 6 years ago, my jefa tried to make them but she burnt them" i say responding to Marie and start laughing when i seen my mom walk in with a death stare.

everyone else started laughing.

"never cooking shit for you again" mom jokingly says smacking me in the head with the bread.

and shortly we all served each other our food and headed to the living room, which is where we decided on eating and watching the movies.

we would always do this when one of us would come visit each other.

we all stayed eating, and all decided on watching all the scream movies.

after finishing our dinner, the parents stayed talking, one couple on each end of the couch.

conversating over the movie. "mija your big 18 is in a few days. me and marie were talking and saying that we should go camping in a cabin somewhere in Yosemite?" my mom says making me give a confused look

"actually?..." i respond furrowing my brows.
"yeah we already reserved the cabin. its 3 big rooms. you and billie can share-" my mom continues till Freddie adds in.

"just keep that mouth away from my daughters neck" billies dad jokingly says, making me and billie cough and choke on our spit, while everyone else bursts out laughing.

"got her" my dad comments still laughing, dapping him up.

i clear my throat, making my mom continue "ahh- you should have seen your face." she continues trying to maintain her laughter facing my dad who is also still joking of this.

i know my face is red. i cant even face billie right now but i fore sure know she is just as red.

"anyways... yeah. we'll go on the thursday before your birthday, rest, eat dinner, then the next day we can go hike to these swimming holes. since the snow is gone and the weather should be warm when we go." my mom finishes, its mid may definitely no snow.

"fuck thats sick. thanks guys" i say looking at the parents. they all hum and welcome me.

"you dont know how hard it was keeping that from you" billie says with excitement clapping her hands together.

"you knew? did you guys know?" i ask billie - who nods, then ask i the dads, still so confused.

"yup" "mmm, your mother insisted" they both say in unison.

"mija you deserve some fun, you have been doing good. plus, me and marie have been wanting to go for a while now" my mom says "mhmm" marie hums.

"well thank you guys alot really" i repeat as we all face back to the movie.

my sister and jadyn are probably playing with thier dolls, or playing on their iPad's somewhere upstairs.

billie was slowly falling asleep, leaning her head on my shoulder "im so full, i can fall asleep right now." she groggily says "do you want me to take you upstairs?" i ask looking at billie. she doesnt get to respond when her father chirps in.

"girls why don't you guys go to bed already? its about to be ten? you guys have school tomorrow either way" he says. all the parents hum in agreement.

"yeah im getting a bit tired as well, so yeah goodnight guys. and thanks for the food marie it was great." i say hearing an 'of course' and 'goodnights' from everyone.

"i dont wanna get up... drag me up the stairs" billie whines, making us all laugh at her child like behavior. "c'mere then" i grab her and carry her on my shoulders.

we wave them a goodnight again and head to billies room, i throw her on the bed making her squeal and laugh.

that laugh... i love her laugh.

before i got to lay down, "can you get my pijama pants for me? they are on top of my hamper" she asks me batting her lashes at me, as a way to persuade me to get her them "you're so cute" i say getting her pants.

i jump on the bed, seeing her put her pjs on.

"do you want me to stay today?" i ask pulling her onto my lap. "of course i do" she smiles at me, giving me a small kiss and getting under the duvet with me.

"i had fun today, i love you." she says before turning to me, she moved a piece of my hair from my face to give me a kiss. "i love you."

god what is she doing to me.