16.

FRIDAY• day 2 - dani's birthday

6:00 am on the dot, billie was up and ready. she woke up her parents and dani's parents, the girls too who were deep in slumber.

dani is usually a light sleeper, but from how late billie and her slept (3:00 am) she was knocked the fuck out, so was billie but she was up at 6:00 am, and sneaking out of bed was no issue for her.

and there they all were, outside dani and billies shared room with a small brownie and lite candle on top.

"alright... be quiet everyone" billie says silently, small creak as the door was being opened, everyone trying their hardest to tiptoe with no noise.

"jordyn- shh." billie tells her sister, giggling lowly at the fact that she stumped her toe at the edge of the bed. the two smaller girls get on the bed, ready with whipped cream to pie dani as she wakes up.

"everyone get your cameras ready..." dario lowly shouts, pressing play on the traditional mexican 'happy birthday' song- cepillin: las mañanitas.

the speakers loud, and blasting the sour noise of the beat, dani stirring in the sheets, face puffy and tired.

dani has first played this song for billie on her 7th birthday, and ever since, that was the happy birthday song they always played for each other; dani made billie learn the song from top -> to bottom.

the song was building up, dani was fully coming to reality, out of her slumber. the mariachi part comes in, and thats when natalie and jordyn
see dani rub her eyes, smiling ear to ear,

and the two quickly go in, pie-ing her right im the face.

"o- fuck!" she shouts, taken aback, everyone lets out a laugh as she wiped her eyes to regain consciousness and focus on whatever the hell had just happened.

"fuck. who's plan?" the girl asks with an evil smirk, scraping the cream off her eyes and eyeing the three girls; though she knew for sure this was all billies plan.

the younger girls quickly pointed towards billie, with evil giggles bursting out of them.

"oh im gonna get you-" she says, quickly scrambling up out the bed, and billie quickly gives the brownie to her mother knowing she was about to get chased by dani "-no- no. wa- da-" billie squeals as dani grabs her, and picks her up,

smearing all the whipped cream from her hand onto billies face. "look who's covered now." the tall girl says tickling billies side, she - who is yelping and laughing in dani's arms "im gonna get you, two next!" she shouts running towards the other girls who giggle and scram away.

"okay okay girls come back" the parents shout with laughter as they all ran out the door from getting chased by dani.

"okay, my big girl. make a wish" dario says grabbing the brownie and relights the candle for dani to blow. "okay okay." she closes her eyes, you can see all the cream still laying on her lashes.

she blew the candle out and making her wish, that little did she know was already happening.

'to become a better version of herself, for her, and everyone else sake.'

"alright" they all cheer her on and all gather around to hug her. "happy birthday nani" natalie says hugging her tightly.

they all soon pull back, leaving the room, letting her relax and wake up on her own terms. "be fully up by 8, dads making breakfast" her mom perks in through the door, her fathers voice in the back shouting "I AM?" making everyone laugh.

billie and dani haven't said a word since the whole morning shenanigans . billie was in the bathroom, coming back out with a wet rag to clean dani's still cream covered face.