The break - 1,000 Years

-----------------------------------------------------------

The contract for Azul will expire in three days.

---------------------------------------------------------

Yuu sat in front of a vanity, sipping a delicate cup of black tea with milk, while their parents filled the room with their voices.

"Well, Yuu-Yuu, it seems we have a new plan," Jafar's proud voice declared.

"But we don't know the downside. This plan could put Yuu's life at risk," the Evil Queen remarked, searching for her makeup.

"I doubt it would harm Yuu much physically, but the damage to their reputation cannot be ignored," Maleficent said as she gently lifted Yuu's face to meet her gaze. "However, if our little rose plays their cards right, people will fear them once more."

"Yet, we don't know if it's safe, even if it works. We'll still come back here," the Evil Queen said, retrieving her blush and eyeliner.

"Grimhilde, you worry too much. Our little rose went up against true evil and survived," the Queen of Hearts reassured as she poured more milk black tea into Yuu's cup.

Scar rubbed his head and sighed, acknowledging the consequences. "With the side effect of Yuu losing half their magic, being thrust back into a world where people have forgotten about them, and us potentially meeting our demise..."

"I can't believe we thought it was a different world. But then again, the only connection that little shrimp has left is that annoying bat," Ursula remarked, scanning over her numerous contracts.

"Shouldn't I have a say in this?" Yuu began, but was swiftly interrupted by a soft growl.

"Cub, your last idea disrupted my peaceful nap all because you got angry when someone called you weak," Scar commented, rubbing his head once more.

"The big kitty is correct. Your temper is flaring too quickly. Stay calm; you're playing right into their hands. You give away too many of your power cards too easily. Use your other strategies to manipulate people into playing into your hand rather than the other way around," Hades advised, taking a leisurely sip of his cocktail.

"Yuu doesn't have any other cards; their voice is their only deck right now," the Queen of Hearts noted as she gently raised Yuu's face to meet hers. "Unless we count her appearance."

"Tch, how about we return to the drawing room and brainstorm some alternatives while the kid here wakes up?" Hades suggested as he emerged from the shadows.

"Huh?" Yuu uttered in confusion.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Yuu woke up, feeling the warmth of the sun on their face, realizing they were in a room that wasn't their own. Oh right, it was Leona's room. How did Yuu know? Well, when they attempted to get out of bed, they were immediately pulled back by two strong arms. They were being treated like a body pillow. Yuu let out a sigh. Then, in the corner of their eye, they spotted Ruggie.

"Zzz... Mrah..." Grim mumbled as he tossed over.

"Heya, good morning! Leona, it's time to get up. Up and at 'em, Yuu and Grim. Let's get those mangy faces washed," Ruggie said as he tried to pull Yuu out of bed.

"Mrah? Morning already? W-wait, it's barely six!" Grim protested as he looked around for Yuu.

"We do morning Spelldrive training here at Savanaclaw. Since you're part of the dorm for the next few days, you'll be joining us," Ruggie explained as he attempted to rouse Leona from his bed. In Yuu's mind, they couldn't help but think, 'Omg, it's you, Dad,' but Scar didn't seem to find it as amusing as their child did.