Cooking with Spice- Speechless

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yuu enters the kitchen with their drowsy cat-weasly, Grim, cradled in their arms. They ponder the idea of playing a game of cat and mouse. Yuu might be feeling frustrated about having to shoulder all the responsibilities at school without any compensation, which can be understandably irritating. However, it's important to remember that Yuu has had some close calls with the boys, and they tend to involve Yuu in their chaotic adventures.

One of the Scarabia students looked a bit nervous as they asked, "Vice Housewarden, will one tablespoon of spices be enough?" Jamil, in his usual composed manner, responded, "The Housewarden has a penchant for spiciness. Add another teaspoon." Just as Yuu was about to respond, Grim woke up and leaped out of their arms.

"What's going on in here? It's winter break, but the kitchen's full of students!" Grim exclaimed as he rubbed his eyes and added, "Henchman, I want my tuna." Yuu coughed and replied, "Later, Grim."

Yuu then turned to Jamil, offering a friendly smile that resembled Jade's. "And here we meet again. I believe the last time we saw each other was during the tournament." A subtle trace of disgust briefly crossed Jamil's face, but he quickly masked it and said, "Yes, we had a brief chat back when I got injured before the Spelldrive tournament. Your names were... Yuu and Grim, yes?"

"Dang, you've got quite the memory. Uh... What was your name again?" Grim inquired with wide-eyed curiosity as he gazed at Jamil. Yuu couldn't help but wonder if they could get Grim to model.

"It's Jamil. Jamil Viper, vice housewarden of Scarabia Dorm," Jamil replied calmly. "I make it a point to memorize people's names and faces. Not to mention, you two have made quite the names for yourselves since you first enrolled. You'd be hard-pressed to find anyone at this school who doesn't know who you are or... what you can do," he continued, locking eyes with Yuu.

"Whoa... Really? Myah hah hah! Y'hear that, Yuu?! We're famous!" Grim exclaimed with excitement as he darted around Yuu's legs. Yuu let out a sigh before picking up the hyperactive cat. It was better to hold Grim now to prevent him from complaining about his tired paws later.

"At any rate... Why are you here on campus during winter break?" Jamil inquired, even as the rest of the Scarabia students handed him dishes to taste.

"We don't have anywhere to go home to for the holidays. Plus, the headmage personally gave us a super-special job. We're tending the fireplace. I'm as diligent and competent as they come! It only makes sense that the headmage would turn to me when he needs help!" Grim proudly proclaimed.

"Oh, is that a fact? The headmage personally asked you, you say..." Jamil mused, a subtle smirk playing on his lips as he whispered to himself, "This could be my chance..."

"Hm? Didn't catch that," Grim said as he looked at Jamil, then turned to Yuu. "Henchman, what did he say?"

Jamil quickly cleared his throat before saying, "I said that if the headmage is relying on you, you must be a tremendous talent indeed." He couldn't afford to miss this opportunity.

"Sorry to interrupt, Vice Housewarden, but I'm done prepping the vegetables," one of the Scarabia students interjected.

"Okay, I'll be right over," Jamil replied as he headed toward the stove, where a pot of water boiled.

"That soup you're making looks pretty good. I've never smelled anything like it before," Grim commented as he investigated the pot of soup.

"I can make you some when we get home," Yuu whispered into Grim's ear.

"Hehe, thanks, henchman!" Grim responded, burying his head in Yuu's neck.

"It's a traditional Scalding Sands recipe, you see—Wait. An idea occurs to me. I'm sure something brought us together. Would you care to join us for our meal?" Jamil suggested.