Numb

When Lauren had the DNA tests done the police arrived to take a statement.
It took about an hour before Lauren was able to talk about it. Even then she was hesitant, it was a long process.

"We can go now, they said they'd call with any news." Camila announced coming into the room where Lauren and Dinah were

Dinah nodded gratefully "Thanks Mila, now go home and get some rest. She's fine with me."

"Okay, text me Lauren." Camila shot her a smile and left for home

"Are you ready to go?" Dinah asked tearing her eyes away from the door to be met with Lauren looking like she was ready to cry at last

"Come here Lauren." Dinah sighed sympathetically bringing the girl into her arms

"No, no I can't. Not here." Lauren whispered shakily escaping Dinah's grip, trying extremely hard to contain her tears

"Let's get home first." Dinah nodded in agreement helping her up gently

With every step Lauren held in a sharp breath, it was a pain she'd felt like never before.

She hadn't completely, fully come to terms with what happened yet, she was just in a numb state.

Lauren definitely felt the physical pain to the full extent, but her mind refused to register what caused it.

When the girls got in the taxi to go home, the situation began to dawn on Lauren, her mind was torturing her.

She made a conscious effort to push back the memories for the time being, the back of a taxi wasn't the best place for a complete breakdown.

When the girls made it inside Lauren headed straight for the bathroom to shower without a word.

"I'll be in the bedroom Laur, okay?" Dinah smiled softly handing her some fresh pyjamas

Before Lauren went into the bathroom she took them and gave Dinah a small smile and nod of acknowledgement.

When she locked the door she stripped off and examined the bruises on her body, she felt sick to her stomach. So much to the point that she was actually throwing up, it couldn't be stopped.

After she regained what little strength she had left she forced herself to get into the shower and clean herself up.

She felt dirty, even though she was in the shower, nothing washed away the shame that Lauren felt.

Lauren dried off and changed into her fresh clothes but she still felt wrong.

She trudged into the bedroom quietly to be met with a sleeping Dinah sprawled out on their bed.

They were originally going to buy another one, but Lauren's bed was a comfortable double, and both girls always found themselves cuddled up together in the night.

Lauren winced in pain as she crawled into the bed and under the sheets with Dinah, moving as close to her as possible for comfort.

Despite the fact that they were alone in her house Lauren longed for protection from the Polynesian girl.

Dinah subconsciously wrapped her arms around Lauren, nestling her head into her neck adjusting her position; to which Lauren felt much more at ease within her embrace.

Lauren closed her eyes and succumbed to the tiredness she'd fought for so long to a well earned, deep sleep.

When Lauren woke up the next day she looked over to see Dinah still sleeping, she turned her head again to the clock. 11pm, Monday.