Chapter 23 - Christmas Eve

Lily's point of view

I wake up and i immediately realize that Jamie is no longer next to me. I get up and brush my teeth, change into more presentable clothes and head downstairs. I see him on the couch with his mom sitting across from him.

"Morning!" I say. I take my seat next to Jamie. He immediately wraps his arm around me.

"Morning." He mumbles kissing my forehead.

"Good morning honey. I'll start breakfast soon, we just have to wait for the other two goons to wake up." She says.

"Whatcha cooking?" Jamie asks.

"I'll probably do pancakes, bacon, eggs, and hash browns." She says.

"Oh that sounds amazing." I say.

"Breakfast here is always amazing." Charlie mumbles walking down the stairs. Soon Gary comes out, so Tina starts on breakfast. I get up to help her, and Jamie groans.

"I'm going to help your mother, you'll be fine here with the guys." I tell him. He just smiles at me as i walk into the kitchen. "Can i help?"

"Oh of course! Do me a favor, grab the eggs from the fridge. Oh! And the milk." She says. I grab both and i set them on the counter. She lets me make the pancakes while she focuses on everything else.

In roughly 30 minutes everything is ready. Everyone makes a plate and sits down at the table. I sit next to Jamie, Charlie sits next to Jamie, and his parents are across from us.

"So, what are your plans for today?" Tina asks us.

"I was thinking her and i could head into town. Just walk around for a bit. You guys are welcome to come." Jamie says.

"I'm out. An old friend of mine wants to hang out." Charlie says.

"We'll let you two have fun. Just be home at a reasonable time." His mom says.

"Yes ma'am." Jamie says laughing.

We finished eating shortly after that. His parents beat us to the dishes so we helped finish up the kitchen. After that, we head upstairs to get ready for the day. It's snowing and very cold so i throw on thick leggings, a thick sweatshirt with a coat over top, and boots. Jamie insisted i wear a beanie.

We start driving into town. Jamie refuses to tell me what we're doing. He lets me play my music, and i start my playlist. "Mine" by Taylor Swift (Taylors version) plays first. After about 15 minutes we get to our destination. I see it's an ice rink.

"Oh my god. You took me to go ice skating." I say. It absolutely beautiful. It surrounded by lights, a couple Christmas trees, and it's snowing. The snow ties it together. This view would be 20 times better at night.

"Yep. Come on." He says getting out of the car. He walks around to the back of the car and pulls our skates out. He hands me mine, and then grabs my hand so we can walk towards the gate. We sit down on a bench right next to the the ice and start putting our skates on.

"Come on slow poke." I say. I stand up and start walking towards the ice, Jamie isn't too far behind. I wait for him at the gate. He comes up and we start skating. We're having a lot of fun and we ask someone to take a picture of us.

Once we're done we walk back to the car. We put our skates away, and we decide to walk around the little shops. Not everything is open because tomorrow is christmas, but a few are open. We're walking around when i hear someone say my name.

"Lily?" The person says. I turn around to look. Mitch Marner, again.

"Mitch!" I say, i go give him a hug. "It's good to see you. How are you?" I ask.