lake house

"i knew you, leaving like a father runnin like water"
—— taylor swift

"deliiiiiii" i heard luke drag out as i answered his call.

"lukeeee."
"my mom wants you to go with us to our lake house in a couple days. we can pick you up and you can ride with us, we're taking two cars. you can ride with me, jack and my mom. my dad and quinn are picking up our friend trevor and meeting some other friends there."
"yeah, i'd love to go! just text me when you'll pick me up cause i need to make sure i'm ready."
"trust me, i know. i'll let you know when we leave the house cause you live like thirty minutes away from us."
"yeah, i know. what have you been up to today?"
"making fun of jack."
"about what?" i laughed.

"he's in denial that he has a big fat crush on you-"
"dude, you're not telling her this are you?"
"oops?" he mumbled.

i just laughed as i heard the boys wrestling behind the phone.

"hey, jack, give me my phone back!" i heard luke shout.

"hey, delilah."
"hey, jack." i laughed at his silly behavior.

"how are you this afternoon?"
"good, good how about you?"
"i'm good too, i heard my mom and luke invited you to our lake house."
"yeah they did, you don't mind it right?"
"no, of course not, i'm happy you're coming."
"good, i wouldn't want to intrude on your family time."
"you wouldn't be, all our friends go too. i think we have about five other friends coming, you guys are all basically family anyway so you'd be anything but intrusive."
"ok." i chuckled.

"jack, open the door." luke yelled banging on jacks bedroom door.

"well, looks like i have to give you back, i'll steal your phone number though and text you."
"ok jack." i laughed.

"bye, delilah."
"bye, jack."

he opened his bedroom door and the phone got snatched from his hand right away.

"jesus christ he's so annoying."
"brothers are always annoying, luke i'm sure he thinks the same about you."
"you aren't being any help, deli."
"that's what best friends are for." i grinned.

"want to call tomorrow while i pack? hopefully motivate you to pack cause i know you always do last minute."
"yeah, sure. i've got nothing better to do."
"ok, great. by any chance do you have ice skates?"
"yeah, i do. why?"
"just wondering. how old are they?"
"a couple years old, i used to figure skate while i cheered but had to quit once school got overbearing."
"oh, cool i didn't know that."
"learn something knew every day."
"i really do."
"why'd you ask?"
"just curious if you knew how to skate. we should go skating together with friends."
"yeah, we should that would be fun."

we talked for a few more minutes before his mom called him and had to hang up.

i went to sleep kind of early so hopefully i can fix my sleep schedule a little before going to the lake house with luke.

fast forward two days and i'm waiting by my apartment entrance with my suitcase next to me.

i watched as ellen's car pulled up next to me and jack got out as he was in the passenger side.

"hey, delilah."
"hey, jack." i smiled and gave him a hug.

"i'll take this. hop in with luke."
"thank you."
"anything for the lady."