mini her

"look at this godforsaken mess that you made me"
——taylor swift

jacks pov:

the flight to chicago could have not been any longer than it already was, so as soon as i heard the captain say we've landed at ohare airport i grabbed my suitcase and ran out the plane as soon as they opened the doors.

i impatiently waited as everyone walked off the plane and then we immediately called an uber to go to the hospital.

trevor, my mom and i decided to take the uber while everyone else took different ubers to a hotel so they could drop our stuff off.

once my uber was here i left my stuff with everyone else and hopped in.

the driver silently drove us over to the hospital while my knee was bouncing like crazy in anxiousness.

the car ride was quiet, the only noises being the hustle and bustle of the city around us. this didn't make me feel any better, i needed some noise to keep my mind off of things.

but who am i kidding, there was no way my mind would stray from delilah until i knew she was ok.

we finally got to the hospital and we all ran in, immediately spotting a distressed looking luke with a woman and man along with a little girl which i assumed was delilah's mom, step father and sister.

luke noticed us walk in and quickly got up and wrapped my mom in a hug, crying in her shoulder.

she hugged him back and told him that she would be ok because she was strong, and i knew she was, but sometimes strength has nothing to do with situations like these.

the woman luke was sitting with walked up to us and she took one look at me before giving me a hug.

i wrapped my arms around her as i heard her sniffling in my shoulder.

"i'm so sorry." i whispered in her ear.

"please, honey. don't be sorry, you love her too, she meant something to all of us, you also have the right to be upset."

she released me from the hug and placed her hands on my cheeks in a motherly way. i gave her a sad smile and she smiled back.

"you must be jack, then."
"yeah... it's great to meet you mrs. paisley, i just wish it wasn't in these circumstances."
"it's great to meet you too, jack. and please, you're family, call me ana."

i then noticed the little hands of delilah's sister wrap around her moms legs and she hid behind her.

i crouched down to meet her eye as she looked at me in confusion but also fear.

"hi.. you must be aurora, right? i'm jack, delilah's friend. you see him right there, luke? he's my brother. delilah's told me a lot about you, you know?"

she slowly moved away from her mom before she ran into my arms and cried into my chest. i held her close and picked her up, rubbing her back slowly as she sobbed.

"it's ok, sweetheart, it's ok." i cooed into her ear. "your sister is one of the strongest girls i know, she's gonna be ok, i promise." i told her even if i didn't believe it myself.