neighbor

"next to a red head named abigail and soon enough you're best friends"
—— taylor swift

"hey, guys. abby's coming over."
"who's abby?"
"she's our neighbor, we grew up with her."
"she's nice, you'll like her."

and just as if on cue the front door flies open and a tall red head comes running in to the living room.

"how dare you guys be here and not tell me?!" she yelled and hugged all the boys.

then she spotted me and gasped pulling me off the couch and examining me from head to toe. she turned me around to face the boys and held me to her side.

"and how dare you bring this gorgeous girl and not tell me?! i'm abby." she said shaking my hand.

"delilah."
"well, nice to meet you, delilah. we are going to be best friends. wanna go with me shopping around the center today, i haven't been here long but the guys are already annoying me just by looking at them, i don't know how you've handled it." she whispers to me.

i laughed and nodded.

"uh, sure. when?"
"now." she said grabbing my arm and pulling me up the stairs so i could get my stuff.

she grabbed my belt bag that was sitting on the dresser and ran with me downstairs.

"we're heading out, boys. don't miss us too much!"
"ok, bye downton abby, bye wisconsin dells!" trevor shouted at the two of us.

we both rolled our eyes and left laughing.

"so, tell me all about you, how'd you meet the boys? any crushes?"
"i met luke in college, i met the rest of the family at his drafting party and ellen and luke wanted me to tag along when they came here so i just said yes."
"ok, ok. well, you're too hot for at least one of the boys to not like you, so which one is it?" she asked eagerly.

"well, i haven't really known them for that long." i mumbled with a pink face.

"omg, but you're bright pink, there's totally someone! ok ok, i'll tell you mine first. trevor and i had a thing going on last summer, we went to parties together and did some things at my house, but we won't go into those details. he texts me a lot, there's a bunch of 'i miss you's and 'when am i going to see you again?'s. he was the one that told me you guys were here."
"awww, trevor's a cutie you guys would look so good together."
"i mean, not to toot my own horn, but i know." we laughed.

"sooooo, what about you?"
"jack and i have had a few moments since i've gotten here."
"ooo, like what?"
"he took me on the roof last night to watch the sunset with him and he held my hand, and then today i went through some emotional rant about my family and then he slow danced with me to taylor swift in my bathroom. then he called me gorgeous and i didn't really know how to respond so i just said thank you."
"awwww, that's so cute, what the hell? you guys are like perfect for each other."
"his mom wants us to get together."
"what? ellen wants you to get with her boy, ok then jack for real is a keeper. i know that one of the most important things to him in a relationship is that his mom has to like them, and if you and ellen are already buddy buddy then i agree with her, you and jack should get together." she clapped her hands.

"i don't know... i mean we've only known each other for like four days, and i don't know how he feels about the age gap. i mean, would it look weird if an eighteen year old was dating a twenty year old?"
"i mean, i don't think so. when do you turn nineteen?"
"in march."
"so there'll be a couple months where you're nineteen and he's twenty. i don't think there's a problem with that."
"i guess not."
"and as it goes with how long you've known each other, sure, it's fast, but there is no minimum time it takes to fall in love with someone. not saying that you're at that level with him, but you definitely have a crush, right?"
"yeah.."
"so... you guys can continue how it is now and you can go on a couple dates and then decide where that brings you. by then you would've known each other for about a month, right?"
"yeah, that's true."
"see. everything will work out, you just have to be in it for the long run. ok, enough about boys, there's a party tomorrow down on the beach, wanna come with me?"
"yeah, i'll go."
"yay! do you have any dresses for a party."
"i mean, i have sundresses but party dresses, no."
"ok, well we can look while we go shopping if we don't find anything your style you can just pick one from my closet i have so many."
"ok." i laughed.