early birthday

"i wish i could fly, i'd pick you up and we'd go back in time"
—— taylor swift

luke decided to plan a birthday celebration early since he knew i wouldn't be home on his actual birthday.

this was perfect because i have to give him his gift as soon as possible if he needs to time to pack his stuff. my mom was super excited to meet luke, i told her all about him, and even a bit about jack. quinn was thrown into the picture a couple of times but it was really only about luke and jack.

my mom thinks i like jack but i wasn't gonna tell her that i do cause then she'd tell luke and she would be nothing but a pest if she knew.

my mom asked me if we wanted to stay at her house since she does have the space to house both luke and i but she has that stupid boyfriend of hers and i don't want luke dealing with their constant arguing.

i was just planning on taking him to my house a few times, take him around downtown, also we were going to watch the new horror movie called the turning.

we were staying in a hotel around my house so it wasn't a super far drive.

as of right now i'm getting dressed into a cardigan and a black pencil skirt, curling my hair and putting on a pair of black doc martens.

i grabbed luke's gift and left my apartment. his party wasn't supposed to start for another hour but i thought i'd get there a few minutes early to help set up.

they told me that only close friends and immediate family would be going to his party so it wouldn't be too crowded.

i drove the thirty minutes to his house and texted luke that i was there. he just told me to walk in so i did and was met with chaos.

ellen was running around the house trying to pick up confetti from the floor, luke and jack were chasing each other around the house and quinn and jim were just sitting and being no help to ellen.

"what did i just walk in to?"
"deli, help me!" luke shouted and hid behind me.

"i hope you realize you are eleven inches taller than me, this does nothing."
"hi, lilah. you look gorgeous as always."
"thanks. you don't look to bad yourself." i smiled at jack, "why are you chasing luke?"

"he stole my pineapple from the fridge."
"oh, ok then." i said and stepped aside.

"hey! what?!" luke shouted running away.

jack eventually caught up to luke and smacked his head.

"this'll teach you to stay away from my pineapple."
"delilah, why!?"
"if someone stole my pineapple i'd be mad too. luckily connor doesn't like pineapple."
"see, she gets me." jack said wrapping his arm around my shoulders.

"hey, hun." ellen said giving me a quick kiss on the forehead before running back to the kitchen.

i followed her and saw that it was a disaster. there were dishes everywhere and the oven was completely full. there was flour on the counter and cracked egg shells in a bowl.

"hey, do you need help?"
"oh my goodness, can you? the boys are no help and there is such a big mess."
"of course i can."
"thank you so much, sweetheart."