beach day

"how can a person know everything at 18?"
—— taylor swift

i ended up waking up that morning alone in a cold bed. jack has left a note and said he had some hockey training to do with trevor and the rest of the guys and said he would call me later.

that was completely ok but i was kinda upset to wake up without him.

today i have so much to do. i have to go grocery shopping cause connor is too lazy to go, i have to run by the studio to drop off some songs we'd be working on next, i have to go to the mall to get luke a birthday present because his birthday is in a couple of days and i also have to pack cause i ended up getting a plane ticket to stay with my mom and sister in illinois for a couple weeks.

i wasn't leaving until friday, which is good cause right now it's monday, but i wouldn't be in town for luke's birthday so i have to give him his gift early.

when i woke up i decided it would be best if i just started my errands as early as possible. i got dressed and did my morning routine, deciding i should just wear leggings and an oversized t shirt. i threw my hair in a high ponytail and took some framing pieces out.

i grabbed my car keys and hopped into my car, deciding i should just drive to the studio first, then the mall, and then the grocery store last so the groceries don't spoil.

the studio is luckily only a few minutes away from my apartment so i quickly dropped everything off and then drove to the mall.

it was crowded because its  the weekend and this is one of two days kids can actually go somewhere other than school.

i decided to run to foot locker and get luke a new pair of jordan's since he's been complaining lately about how his other ones are getting old.

they were quite expensive but i'd get anything for luke, he's been such an amazing friend lately and this is only the bare minimum to express that to him.

i also decided to suprise him and give him a plane ticket to come with me to illinois for a few days before he has to start training for hockey.

i would've invited everyone but to be honest

i walked out of the mall with the bag in my hand and i drove to the nearest target because it was easier to go shopping there.

i grabbed a pack of coke instead of diet coke, i personally think it's gross, like i think girls just make it a think to convince themselves they're being healthier but it's still soda.

i grabbed some pasta and salad, as well as some fruit, being satisfied when i saw pineapple.

i checked out and brought my bags to the bar, driving home.

once i got home it was quiet so connor obviously wasn't home. he's been avoiding me since our whole blowout and i'm not mad about that.

i put our groceries away and decided to watch the hunger games because i haven't watched it in a while.

about halfway through the movie i got a call on my phone and saw it was all the hughes brothers in one facetime call.

i answered it and paused the movie.

"what do you guys want?"
"wowww, ok, delilah."
"way to treat the birthday boy."
"luke it isn't your birthday for another few days slow your role buddy."
"what are you doing right now?"
"i was just watching a movie, why?"
"great, we're picking you up, wear a bathing suit."
"what, why?"
"because we said so. we're on our way now."
"fine, fine. i hate you all. not quinn though he hasn't done anything."
"it's great to be the favorite."
"shut up, quinn. bye deli cakes."
"bye, d."
"bye, lilah."
"bye, guys."