ellen time

"in silent screams in wildest dreams i never dreamed of this"
—— taylor swift

jack and i both went inside after the sunset and i went to my own room to go to bed.

the next day i woke up fairly early and brushed my hair, tying it up in a bun, brushing my teeth, and washing my face.

i walked downstairs in my socks, sweatpants and oversized t-shirt to see ellen up making breakfast.

"hey, kiddo. you're up early."
"figured i could help around in the kitchen."
"oh, honey, you don't have to."
"i want to, i like doing this stuff at home, and you have to feed nine hungry men you definitely need some help."she laughed and nodded her head.

"yeah, they eat so much it's absolutely crazy. we can make them food and how about me and you go out to the coffee shop in town? have a nice little walk."
"i'd love to go with you."

we both got to work cutting fruit and roasting bagels, and baking pancakes for the boys.

we heard someone's footsteps walk down the stairs and we both turned our attention to jack who walked in the kitchen.

"hey, hun." ellen greeted her boy.

"hey, mom. hey, deli." he smiled softly at me.

i blushed and smiled back, looking back down at the strawberries i was cutting. he walked over and put a hand on my waist, distracting me while he snatched a strawberry and ate it.

i laughed and shoved him away before continuing what i was doing.

"jack go get the boys up, breakfast should be done in a minute."

he nodded and walked up the stairs to get the boys. once we plated everything we heard a bunch of footsteps and rowdy boys running down the stairs.

"alright boys, eat up, delilah and i are heading out."
"where are you going?" luke asked.

"to the coffee shop in town, we need to get away from you boys." we both laughed and grabbed our phones and bags and walked out the door.

we started walking in a comfortable silence until ellen cleared her throat and smiled, looking ahead.

"so, what was that between you and jack today?"
"oh, nothing." i lied and tried to hide that fact that i was blushing.

"oh, please. that definitely was not nothing."
"yesterday he took me on the roof and we watched the sunset together. he held my hand."
"awwww, that's so cute." she cooed.

i laughed and looked down at the ground. we reached the coffee shop and we both ordered, paying for our drinks and muffins.

we sat down and talked to each other about life, i told her about my siblings and how my older brother is a professor for a university in texas. i told her how my mom is a modeling agent and how my dad left when i was little.

she felt sorry for me but i told her not to cause i honestly got over it once i was older because i knew he wouldn't ever come back.

i was a quick adapter and figured it wouldn't do me any good to dwell on what i don't have and not on what i do have.

she admired that and said she liked how i kept my mind on where i was now and not where i once was or where i will be in the future.