crash

"if i didn't know better, i'd think you were singing to me now"
—— taylor swift

jacks pov:

life recently has been pretty boring. without luke to mess with and without delilah to make me happy i've been bored in my house for a couple days.

i invited trevor over today so he's coming with nico and we're going to have a campfire tonight with my family in the backyard.

lately delilah has had me listening to taylor swift and might i say this woman has a powerful voice and some goddamn good songwriting.

folklore is so sad but definitely has to be my favorite. lover is a close second only because delilah's favorite song is in that album.

as of currently my repeat song from taylor swift is bad blood ft kendrick lamar. i mean i never thought a song with taylor and kendrick would be a thing, but this is a banger for sure.

i was watching greys anatomy on my tv when trevor barged in and jumped on top of me.

"oh, dude, come on." i groaned.

nico walked in with quinn and chloe before shutting the door behind him before crossing his arms and directly looking at me.

"why are you all in here?"
"wanna tell us something, kid?"
"no?"
"so you weren't going to tell us that you kissed delilah?"
"who told you that?"
"luke."
"of course he did."
"so come on, give us the details." chloe said sitting down on my desk chair.

i sighed as everyone got comfortable and waited for me to tell them what happened.

"guys it really isn't that exciting. we almost kissed at the beach last week before this dumbass decided to interrupt us."
"hey, abby and i were minding our own business you definitely still could've kissed her."
"well we were in the car and luke fell asleep so while we were talking we stopped at a red light and i asked her if i could kiss her. obviously she said yes so i kissed her and that's the end of it."
"that's it?"
"you didn't ask her out?"
"no, i didn't. she was going on a two week vacation to chicago with her family, i can ask her out when she gets back."
"you better hope she isn't upset. saying cause i'm a girl, if i got kissed by a guy and he didn't ask me out i'd be upset. it makes her feel like you think the kiss was nothing to you."
"i don't think she is, i've been calling her everyday since she's been away and she seems happy."
"yeah but girls are notorious for shoving their feelings away. she may look happy but you're not with her so who knows what she's been like off the phone."

i sighed and ran my hand through my hair. trevor patted my back before grabbing my remote and going to netflix.

"movie anyone?"

everyone agreed and made themselves comfortable in my room before we scrolled through netflix to watch a movie.

"man, she even has you watching miss americana. you're totally whipped dude."
"don't even get me started on you and abby, trevor."
"well at least i had the guts to ask her out."
"you asked abby out?"
"yeah but that's a story for another day."

trevor ended up playing fuller house because no one could decide on one movie.

every day either luke or delilah would call me so we could talk a bit about their plans for their day and so i could say hi to delilah. so when i got a call from luke during fuller house i didn't think it was strange.

i grabbed my phone from my nightstand before picking it up and placing it to my ear.

i immediately heard sobbing and loud noises that sounded like footsteps running around.

"jack, oh my god you need to get your ass down here right now." he choked on his words.

"woah dude, calm down, why, what's happening?"
"d-delilah went to go grab some drinks from the target that's like ten minutes away but she didn't come back. h-her mom got a call from the hospital and told us she got into a car crash. some drunk guy fully rammed into her side of the car and it flipped over and everything."
"man stop joking with me, put her on the phone."
"jack i'm not kidding i'm with her mom right now and we're rushing to the hospital."

i hung up the phone and immediately got up and grabbed my suitcase from under my bed, trying to keep myself calm and not to freak out.

i ran out of my room and found my mom sitting in the living room with my dad.

"mom can you drive me to the airport?"
"when and why?"
"delilah just got into a car crash and she's in the hospital and isn't doing good so i need to be there. like right now."
"oh my god, ok, yeah pack your stuff i'll go with you, your dad can drive us there."

i ran back up and started grabbing clothes and throwing it in my suitcase.

"woah dude, what are you doing?"
"i'm going to chicago."
"why?"

i placed my hands on my head and sighed feeling the tears that were threatening to spill out.

"delilah is in the hospital."
"what why?"
"some guy crashed into her car."
"oh my god, is she ok?"
"i don't know, that's why i'm going."
"dude we're going with."
"let me check flights we can book tickets and fly down as soon as possible, you need to take a seat and breath for a second. everyone can go home and pack a bag and we'll meet each other at the airport, ok?"
"fine, just hurry up."

everyone quickly left except for trevor who had a lot of his own things already here so he borrowed a suitcase from my dad and quickly packed his stuff.

about an hour later we all were at the airport standing in line for security.

i was leaning against the wall trying to not go ballistic with how long the line was taking.

the flight was supposed to board in thirty minutes and if we didn't hurry up we weren't going to make it in time.

once we made it to the front of the line we all quickly got through and ran to the gate. luckily we made it before they closed the gate and we got in the airplane and took our seats.

i'm coming delilah. hang in there.