What's this feeling?

"Don't yell at her." Mrs. Desini walked into the room just as the phone had hit the floor. Her voice was cold, and her demeanor matched. "She won't learn anything if you're always yelling at her." Mrs. Desini's Little was with her today. Tim assumed he was going to be going with them on the field trip.

     The young Caretaker turned red and took a hard gulp. Her face said everything, she wasn't used to people telling her what to do. She nodded and silently picked up her phone.

     "Now what are you going to do the next time she starts screaming?" Mrs. Desini caught the look on the girl's face, and she wasn't going to let her get away with doing whatever she wanted.

     "Not scream." She said sarcastically without looking up.

     "AND?" The girl looked up and shrugged. Mrs. Desini slightly narrowed her eyes at the girl. "I want you and your Little to see me when we're done here... Now!" She turned to the rest of the room that was holding their breath through the entire back and forth between the two of them. "Today is a special day! We're going on a field trip after lunch. It'll take us up to at least four this afternoon. So, before you go to your other classes for the day, I want to make sure you're all ready for the trip." She looked over the class that was still spread around the room. "I want everyone at their desks with their Littles. As I call your name, I want you to come up and we'll check everything over."

     After each person was called up and done talking to the teacher, they would leave. Tim assumed it was to head to their next class. He was still curious about this next class. He hadn't even heard of it before.

     The classroom was nearly empty by the time she got to them. Tim walked to the front and Gatlin slowly walked behind him. Tim could tell that Gatlin wasn't happy about the clothes he was wearing, but it was a requirement for the day. Earlier he'd seen that almost all the other Littles were in the same type of kidyish clothes. The ones that weren't hadn't been called to the front yet.

     "First I'd like to start by commending you on having Gatlin in the proper outfit." That was the first nice thing she'd said to him. "Next... I noticed that you don't have a stroller or a carrier..."

     "It's in the back of the truck. I didn't want to bring it in." Tim quickly cut her off.

     "Hmmmm...." She gave him a doubting look before he handed her the receipt. "I guess it can stay there until lunch... but I expect to see it before we get on the bus."

     Gatlin was shifting uncomfortably behind Tim. Mrs. Desini turned her attention to him. She gave him a nice smile and tried to give him a pat on the head. Gatlin flinched hard to get away from her. "You look so adorable in that outfit buddy." She said in THAT voice. Both Tim and Gatlin sneered.

     Tim and Gat left and headed down to their next classes. Tim walked Gat to Little Arts and Crafts. As soon as Gat was in the room, Tim left quickly without saying anything.

     "Gatlin!" Cole yelled from across the room. He was really quite loud in Littlespace. "Gatlin! Are you excited for the field tip?" He slightly lisped.

     "Field trip." Gat didn't know why, but he corrected Cole. "Not particularly. I don't even know where we're going. Do you know anything?"

     "NOPE!" He grabbed Gat's hand and dragged him over to the table. "You... you have to meet the others!"

     Cole sure was excited. Gat remembered that Cole thought he was going to be a Pet, he could see why. Cole made him think of a puppy. Guess the two were similar.