Falling Asleep...

Tim and Gat sat back and watched the carnage unfold.

     Hope had first screamed at the top of her lungs about how Keith was a bad Daddy. Keith had tried to calm her down, only to get a hand slapped across his face and a foot in his knee. Hope then proceeded to drop to the ground and cry the biggest alligator tears either boy had ever seen.

     "Maybe they should have put her in the reptile exhibit." Gat said under his breath. Tim laughed but tried to cover it with a cough. Gat blushed a little out of embarrassment; he didn't mean for anyone to hear him.

     After almost fifteen minutes of this, Mrs. Desini finally stepped in.

     "What is going on here?" She first looked in the direction of the boys on the bench. Tim quickly shook his head and pointed at the two in front of the fence.

     Keith was on the ground holding his left knee and Hope was on the ground in front of him, crying and gasping for air. Mrs. Desini let out a defeated sigh and pinched the bridge of her nose.

     "Mr. Crater..." She said slowly.

     "I didn't do it!" Tim quickly stood up and started to defend himself.

     "DO NOT cut me off like that! I was going to tell you to take your Little to the petting zoo and we shall meet you there once this is taken care of. I trust you can find it?" The last part was a small vote of confidence rather than a question.

     "Yes, ma'am." Tim motioned to Gat and the two of them started their way towards the next part of their agenda.

     As they walked, Gat was still having trouble with his pain. His right side was burning, but he refused to let Tim know. It wouldn't matter anyway; he didn't have any of his medication. He didn't even know where or how to get it.

     "Do I need to set this thing up?" Tim suddenly asked.

     Gat looked up fast and noticed that Tim was quite far ahead of him. Tim had taken the stroller off his shoulders and was holding it up. Gat went pale and stood up a little straighter.

     "No. I'm fine." 'Why did Tim even offer? Mrs. Desini isn't even around to see... is she?' Gat took a nervous look around and swallowed hard. He didn't want to be put in that thing. He was fine. He picked up the pace and stopped next to Tim. "See. Just... short legs." He mumbled, hoping Tim would buy it. Suddenly, he realized that Tim wasn't holding the leash on the backpack he was wearing. He didn't say anything. He just hoped that Tim had forgotten.

     Tim narrowed his eyes slightly for a moment. Then shrugged and put the stroller back on his shoulders. "Keep up." His voice didn't have its normal snark to it, but it wasn't exactly polite either.

     They were almost there when they could already hear the voices of one of the other groups. As they rounded a corner, they could see Mr. Cake leaning on a fence post. He was keeping an eye on the two Caregivers and their Littles inside the pen.

     "What happened to the other half of your pair?" He asked with a raised brow.

     "They're having a... word... with the teacher." Tim said with a smirk.

     "They seemed like the kind that needed... words." Mr. Cake said with a bit of humor in his voice. "Alright. There's a restroom there if anyone needs it. You can just stay in this area until they meet up with you."

     The boys walked past Mr. Cake and towards the small enclosure in front of them. The fence here was made of wood and looked more like a farm theme with a good-sized red barn that doubled as a play area with a slide and silly wall for taking pictures, and two single stall restrooms.