Interesting Zoo...

"When I call your name, come to the front and meet up with your partner!" Mrs. Desini yelled out over the talking. "Here are the pairs... Logan and Greg." The two teens walked up to the front with their Littles, James and Cole, respectively. Mrs. Desini said something to the Caregivers, and they stood off to the side. Tim silently thanked goodness that he wasn't with Greg.

     "Heather and Bridget." Heather was the one who had asked Tim for help on the bus. Her Little, Tina, was a very typical little girl type. Tim was glad they didn't pair them together. He was also thankful he didn't get Bridget... she had a handful with her twins, Cooper and Dennis.

     "Tim and Keith." Tim looked over at the cocky looking boy he'd been paired with. He rolled his eyes as they walked towards Mrs. Desini.

     Gatlin had seemed to wake up quickly once all this started. He'd already put the bear back in the bag and had it on his shoulders.

     Tim hoped that this trip would go smoothly and not end with one of the Littles being pulled out of an animal cage. As he watched the other Little, Hope, skipping flamboyantly behind Keith, Tim doubted that it would. He gave a small grin as he imagined what it would be like to have one of the Littles get their hand bitten off because they wanted to pet a dangerous animal.

     "I expect you two to be civil with each other, and each other's Littles." She said firmly to the teens. "Now that we have our pairs, each of you will have a teacher shadowing you to make sure nothing goes wrong." It was just Tim's luck that he got Mrs. Desini.

     There were speakers above the entrance to the zoo that played animal ambient sounds and excited the Littles even more. Tim gave a heavy sigh as he looked at his checklist.

Make sure your Little sees their favorite animal.

Cover at least half the zoo.

Make sure they have food/water.

Do NOT let them talk you into getting too many sweet foods or drinks.

Do NOT lose either your Little or your partner's Little.

Help them complete their scavenger hunt.

Take them to the petting zoo.

Buy them something at the gift shop.

Do NOT buy them more than three items. No matter what they say.

     The list went on with a few more things, none of which seemed that hard to do.

     "Tim..." Tim clenched his teeth together. Mrs. Desini was already giving him attitude.

     "Yes?"

     "Where is Gatlin's leash? Or will you be pushing him in his stroller?"

     He looked down at Gatlin who looked like he was terrified to be there. Tim rolled his eyes and opened the pocket on the backpack that it was tucked into. He quickly clipped the front of the backpack around Gatlin and held onto the handle of the leash.

     "Is that better?" He tried hard not to sound sassy.

     "Hmmm..." She eyed him but said nothing else as they walked into the zoo.

     Gat noticed something strange as they passed the gate. There were no lines. There wasn't anyone else but the class and the teachers. How was that possible? Did they rent out the day for this fieldtrip? Did the school have that kind of money? Or did the government sponsor it?

I'm A What?!जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें