First Day

Mila shut the door to her mom's car and walked up the steps of the school

Mila shut the door to her mom's car and walked up the steps of the school. Today was the girl's first day of Sophomore year. Mila was excited to start the new school year and see her four best friends.

  They didn't see each other much this summer since they always went on double dates and Mila wasn't invited because she didn't have a boyfriend. Mila didn't mind though she understood why she wasn't invited to the hangouts.

  As Mila walked through the large opened doors she smiled at other teenagers. The smiling girl kept walking down the hallway when she saw Lily, James, Georgie, and Faith. James had his arm around Lily, and Faith had her hand in Georgie's.

  Mila quickly walked over to them happy to see the four. "Hey, guys!" Mila said smiling at the four. "Hey Mila," Lily said before turning back to Faith. Georgie nodded at her, Faith gave a slight wave, and James gave a tight-lipped smile.

  "Oh did you guys hear that Mrs. Nor-" Mila started saying before Faith interrupted her. "We would love to talk Mila but we got to go" she explained before the four walked away. Faith and Lily turned and looked back at her before giggling to themselves, the boys just laughed along with them.

  Mila was bummed that her friends didn't seem excited to see her. It's okay though Mila thought, they probably are just nervous about school starting. "You know you should really find some better friends," a voice said making Mila turn around.

  Mindy stood there smiling at the younger girl. Many people think Mindy is a mean girl and she kinda was, but to Mila she was sweet. Mindy sees a younger version of herself in the girl, a girl who just wants to fit in and is stuck in a bad group of friends.

  "They aren't that bad," Mila said smiling at Mindy who just rolled her eyes. "Yeah yeah, come on" Mindy replied grabbing Mila's hand and pulling her down the hall. They were having an assembly in the auditorium like they do every first day of the school year.

  Mila sat with a girl in her grade named June who was asking her about figure skating. The Dean was giving a speech but Mila wasn't listening, he gives the same speech every year and it was boring. Suddenly talking was heard from behind the curtain and it was being pushed from behind.

  A group of kids in rollerblades, helmets, knee pads, and elbow pads all fell over pulling the curtain down with them. Everyone started laughing at the teenagers and Mila let out a small giggle with June. "Hi, we're the Ducks," a boy in a green jersey said making everyone laugh even more.

  From what Mila knew the Ducks were the new JV hockey team. They were team U.S.A. last year and got invited to the big school on a scholarship. The kids on stage all looked embarrassed and their faces were turning red.

  After the assembly, Mila was asked to head to the dean's office. Mila walked down the hall to the office. "I've picked a student to show you around the school while everyone's in their homerooms" The Dean explained to the Ducks.

  "Ah, here she is! Everyone this is Mila Star. You don't mind showing them around do you?" The Dean said before turning to Mila to ask her the question. Mila smiled and looked at the group of kids. "Not a Problem!" She said smiling at the Dean who smiled back.

  "Good, thank you!" The Dean said before walking off. Mila turned to look at the group of kids. "Well I'm Mila Star, I'll be your tour guide! If you have any questions while we walk feel free to ask and if you have any later I'll have answers" Mila said smiling brightly.

  The Ducks all smiled back, the girl was sweet and they could tell they would like her. So far they've only met the mean kids at the school so meeting a nice person made them feel a sort of relief.

  Guy stared at the smiling girl in pure awe. Her hair was straightened to perfection, she had on white Converse like his, white socks with red hearts peeking through, she had on a tight red short-sleeved shirt, and a jean skirt that wasn't too short.

  "I'm Charlie the captain," Charlie said holding his hand out for her to shake. "Nice to meet you!" She said cheerfully shaking his hand. "Now let's get this tour started," Mila said waving for them to follow after her.

  They all walked down a hallway as Mila pointed out classes that they would have not bothering to explain the ones they wouldn't be in. As they walked down the hall they stopped to look at a trophy case. Suddenly a group of four teenagers who the Ducks didn't know yet walked over to them.

  "Yo Mila, what are you doing?" James asked with his arm around Lily. Faith was beside Lily with Georgie on her right and her arm wrapped around his. "I'm showing the new kids around" Mila explained pointing to the group of kids behind her looking at the trophy case and them.

  "Cool well, we are going to go skip in the bathroom you coming?" Faith asked holding up a pack of cigarettes. "No, you guys know I don't do that stuff," Mila said shaking her head. The four kids rolled their eyes at the girl. "Yeah because you're boring," Georgie said making the others laugh and push passed her to the bathroom.

  Mila rolled her eyes and turned back to the Ducks. "Sorry about them," she apologized while looking back at her four friends. "It's cool they seemed rude anyway," Guy said to Mila making her laugh. "Hey, that's you!" Julie said pointing to the left of the case.

  2 trophies saying 'National Figure Skating Champion' and her name, a medal for 1st place,  and a picture of Mila with flowers in her hands and a gold medal around her neck. "Oh yeah, I'm a figure skater!" She said cheerfully.

  "Wow, you must be pretty good to have your stuff in the case," Adam said turning to her. "Yeah, number one figure skater in Eden Hall not much you know?" She joked shrugging her shoulders. The team smiled and laughed at her joke.

  After Mila finished her tour of the school she brought them to the hockey rink since they would have a practice later. They all were talking and looking around. Mila stood in front of the group as they just continued to look in circles.

  "Nice shoes," Guy said standing beside Mila and looking at the shoes of the girl who reached his shoulder. Mila smiled at him before looking at his shoes to see they both had white Converse. "Thanks I guess we just have good taste," she joked smiling at him.

  "I'm Guy, Guy Germaine," Guy said looking at her. "I'm Mila but you already know that," she said smiling. "Yeah, Eden Hall's number one figure skater," Guy said putting his hands in his pockets. "Oh yes, the one and only," Mila joked putting her hands behind her back and smiling up at the boy.

  Guy decided from that moment that Eden Hall wouldn't be the worst thing. Mila also decided that from that moment maybe it was time she started making some other friends. The two teenagers just smiled at each other like idiots.

~⛸️~

The next chapters may be longer! Also, this will follow to the story of D3 don't worry!

Mila's outfit-