Funeral

Guy had explained to Mila that Hans died when he came to her dorm crying

  Guy had explained to Mila that Hans died when he came to her dorm crying. Mila pulled Guy into a hug and just let him cry. She told him about her fight with her old friends and how they aren't her friends anymore.

  Guy asked Mila if she would come with him to the funeral knowing him and the Ducks could use the company. Mila of course said yes so here she was in her dorm room getting ready with both Julie and Connie since neither of them wanted to get ready alone.

  Mila had on a black dress with slightly puffy sleeves, black Mary Janes, and white frilly socks. Mila, Julie, and Connie all finished getting ready before getting into the car and heading off to the funeral. Both of the girls had their heads on Mila's shoulder during the ride.

  When they arrived Adam walked over to Mila and hugged her. "I can't believe he's gone," Adam said into her shoulder. Mila frowned deeply at this before holding the boy. "Oh, Adam I'm so sorry," she said tightening the hug.

  Mila stood with the Ducks after Adam let go of her. "Thanks for coming Mila," Averman said hugging her. "Aw of course you guys are my little ducklings," Mila said making them all laugh.

  Mila stood beside Guy and held his hand when the funeral started. A prayer was said in honor of the man. "Excuse me one second," a man beside the priest said. "Thats Coach Bombay," Russ said leaning over to Mila who nodded.

  The man pulled out the green Ducks jersey she'd seen her friends in. It said Hans with the number 11 on it. Bombay placed the jersey over Hans's coffin before speaking up. "Every time you touch the ice remember it was Hans who taught us to fly," he said frowning.

  Charlie frowned deeply before walking off. Mila looked over at Charlie's walking figure with a sad frown. Julie and others put flowers on the coffin. Bombay went and hugged Julie before talking to some of the other teens.

  "You ok?" Mila asked looking at Guy. "Yeah, I'm gonna say hey to coach you ok here?" Guy asked looking at Mila with a sad look. "Yeah you talk to coach I'm gonna see if Charlie is ok," Mila said smiling at him. Guy nodded and kissed her forehead before walking over to his coach.

  Mila saw Charlie standing beside a tree with tears rolling down his face. "I'm not gonna ask if you're ok since I know you're not," Mila said walking over to him. "Good because I would have yelled at you," Charlie said slightly laughing.

  "You can tell me you're not ok you know?" Mila said standing in front of Charlie. Charlie sniffed and looked down at the girl. "I feel like it's my fault, what if I didn't skip school and saw him instead," Charlie said with tears.

  "Oh, Charlie," Mila said pulling him into a hug. "Why him it shouldn't have been him," Charlie said sobbing into the shorter girl's shoulder. "It shouldn't of Charlie but don't blame yourself, there wasn't anything you could have done," she explained hugging him tight.

  "Thanks, Mila, you're a great friend," Charlie said hugging her even tighter. "Of course Charlie I'm always here for you guys," she explained holding the violently crying boy in her arms.

  Mila felt bad for all the Ducks. Losing someone you are close to is a hard thing to go through. Even though she didn't know the man who passed she still felt awful. Mila knew that no matter what she would always be there for the Ducks though they were her family.

~⛸️~

I cried writing this chapter yall
Mila and Charlie having a sweet moment makes me wanna cry even harder😭 in another universe Mila and Charlie are soulmates

Mila's outfit-