Board Meeting

When Mila found out the board wanted to revoke the Ducks scholarships she was livid

When Mila found out the board wanted to revoke the Ducks scholarships she was livid. She couldn't let them leave, she's grown to love the Ducks she can't lose them. So Mila came up with a plan to save their scholarships.

"I'm sorry coach but unless there is a motion from a board member and a second, the decision must stand," The dean said to Coach Orion. "You leave us no choice but to bring in our attorney," Orion replied with a smile.

Gordan Bombay then walked through the door. "Dean Buckley, members of the board as counsel of Coach Orion and the freshman hockey team I'm here today to set forth your legal options so that you may make the best possible decision for all parties concerned," Bombay said walking to the Dean.

"Mr. Bombay, this isn't a legal proceeding," The dean said looking at the man. "Not yet, but I can assure you that it will be," Bombay replied. "So you kind?" he asked holding his briefcase to the dean.

"These scholarships, an offer. Became a binding contract upon the signatures of the recipients and acceptance by the Ducks, they can not be voided except for cause, which, I guarantee you, you have none," Bombay said walking around with scholarships.

"Should you decide to pursue their cancellation I will slap you with an injunction, I will tie this matter up in court for years. Until long after the kids have gone on to college and I will collect damages, I will win, because I am very very good. Do you know why I'm so good? Because I had a good education," Bomaby stated putting his hands on the table and looking at everyone.

"You have it to me, and you're gonna give it to these kids. Now some of you may be snobbish enough to believe that these Ducks don't belong at Eden Hall. Let me tell you, you are used wrong" Bombay continued.

"These are remarkable young people, you give them their full shot and I promise they will succeed not only on the ice but in the classrooms as well, these people are my friends and I know what they can do," Bombay said before walking to the head of the table.

"Accordingly, I demand you reinstate their scholarships for their benefits and your own," Bombay said finishing his speech and shaking Coach Orion's hand. "And if that's not enough this will be," Bombay said before the doors opened yet again

A man walked through in a black suit with Mila following in behind him. The ducks wondered where the girl was and were surprised to see her dressed snobby. "Hello board, I'm Owen Star but you all know that already," the man said setting his briefcase down.

"As you all know I'm the number one donator to the school, I'm the reason Eden Hall runs smoothly, I'm in more power than the Dean with this school. You take these kids' scholarships and I will ruin this school," Mila's dad explained.

Everyone began whispering to each other. The ducks looked over to Mila with smiles on their faces. "I move that the scholarships be reinstated," a lady in red spoke up. "Is there a second?" the dean asked making a man raise his hand.

"All in favor?" The dean questioned again. Everyone raised their hands with sighs. "Scholarship reinstated," the dean said making the ducks smile and cheer. Bombay walked out while talking to Charlie and everyone else followed.

"Congratulations, on destroying our school," Rick said walking over to the Ducks. Mila stood beside Guy with his hand in hers. "It's everyone's school you stupid jock," Linda said rolling her eyes.

"No, it'll never be your school, don't you get it? You're our own little affirmative action, brought in for color to entertain us, but you couldn't even do that. Your fancy lawyer kept you in on a technicality but you'll never belong," Rick ranted looking at the group.

"You'll never be anything more than a bunch of rejects here on a free ride," Cole said smiling smugly at them. "Free ride? Look at you, rich boy! Mommy and Daddy gave you everything huh?" Russ said getting mad.

"Hey, JV-Varsity games on Friday then we'll show the whole school what a joke you really are, then maybe you'll leave on your own," Rick said looking at everyone.

"I'd be the honorable thing to do," Rick said finishing his statement before. "You know we're gonna hurt you," Cole said trying to be scary. "Listen, you guys had an unfair advantage last time, you had one of us, Banksie," Charlie said making Mila smile at Adam.

"Oh well keep him he never had the heart of a warrior anyway," Rick said shrugging. "Hey Biff one more thing, after we beat you the Warriors die and the Ducks fly," Russ said smiling.

  "Anything you say losers, hm?" Rick said walking away. "Good move Russ make em even madder," Averman said groaning. "Charlie we gotta do something man," he continued looking at Charlie.

  "Yeah you're right, we've gotta get to work," Charlie said walking off. Mila smiled at Guy who smiled back. "Thanks for helping again Mila," Guy said looking at her. "Anything for you guys," she said hugging the boy tight.

~⛸️~

Y'ALL I'M ALMOST DONE WITH THE BOOK! THIS IS FREAKING CRAZY I'VE NEVER FINISHED A BOOK BEFORE! Also for anyone wondering I write my chapters wat before publishing! Like I've only published chapter 1 and I just finished chapter 10!

Mila's fit to save the scholarships-