Game Day

Mila was dressed and ready for The Duck's first hockey game

Mila was dressed and ready for The Duck's first hockey game. She had on light blue jeans, a white shirt that said cherry bomb in red, red Converse, a grey zip-up, and her usual jewelry. Her hair was pulled back into a red claw clip and she had on light makeup.

Mila sat in the stands beside Charlie's mom whom she had met earlier that day. The first point was scored and everyone immediately celebrated. Mila and Casey both jumped up to cheer and clap.

Russ hit the puck using his Knuckle Puck and it hit the goalie's helmet making him fall and the puck be pushed in. The Ducks or Warriors as they are known now were doing good so far. Luis skated down the ice and hit the puck in before jumping over the net and hitting the wall.

Dwayne for the puck and was showing off his puck handling making Mila laugh. He then shot it into the net giving them yet another score. Julie was skating back and forth out of boredom and praying the other team could get the puck so she had something to do.

Fulton hits his slap shot but the other team member catches it. Luckily for the Ducks, he spins in circles and it lands in the net. Averman got the puck and confused the goalie by moving it so much before he moved his legs and Fulton shot through them and into the net again.

The puck was shot around the ice by the Ducks. Guy skated up the ice and received the puck from Averman before hitting it into the net. Mila stood up and cheered after Guy made his shot. "Yeah go Guy!" she screamed making him turn and smile at her.

The next point was made by Charlie making his mom and Mila cheer yet again. "Unbelievable! Conway gets the hat trick from somewhere out in the ozone! A lot the end of two, it's Eden Hall 10, Blake zero" the announcer said into his microphone.

During half-time, Mila walked by varsity and waved at Mindy who quickly waved back with a smile. When Mila saw Adam and saw that varsity wasn't letting him cheer she came up with a plan. "Hey, Adam I'm gonna steal you real quick!" Mila said grabbing him and pulling him away from varsity.

Mila and Adam ended up sitting with each other for the rest of the game. "Thanks, Mila I was getting annoyed with them," Adam said taking a seat beside her. "No problem, me and Charlie's mom thought you could sit with us" She replied smiling back.

Blake officially made their first goal of the night. Coach switched up the players before they started up again. A second goal was made for Blake and Julie screamed out about defense on her team. A third goal was made making Mila, Casey, and Adam all groan.

Another goal was made and Coach switched up the players. Dwayne for the puck before being flipped over and Blake steal it. Charlie fell and Julie missed the puck when reaching for it. Charlie was getting angry and you could tell. He then slammed his rick into the goal causing it to break.

Charlie was sent to the box and started getting even more mad, yelling at the ref and throwing his helmet. Coach switched out Julie and Golberg to give her a break. Goldberg left the net and Blake scored before he got back. Blake was now only one point away from a tie with The Warrior.

Blake pulled their goalie and Charlie hopped out of the box. Charlie got the puck and started skating down the ice. Everyone on the team screamed for him to pass but they all got ignored. Charlie fell before he could make the puck in and it was stolen.

Blake got the puck and skated down the ice. Mila and Adam stood holding onto each other with fear. Goldberg fell over and the shot made it in. The game was a tie at the end of it all. Mila and Adam groaned loudly before complaining. Mila looked over and saw Guy frown deeply before sitting down with his head in his hands.

After the game, Mila waited for Guy to walk out of the locker room. Guy left the locker room in the sweaty clothes he wore under his hockey gear since varsity drenched their clothes. "Hey, you played well today!" Mila said smiling at him. "I wish I sucked today, I barely played," Guy said walking up to her.

"Today just wasn't your day. You are really good though! You are a really good skater and your shot was amazing! You can tell your shot is good because of your stance and how you hold your stick" Mila said shrugging her shoulders.

This made Guy smile brightly at her. He never really hears that he's super good at hockey, it's always Adam and Charlie getting praised for being the best. So having someone say how good he is really made his day better.

"Thanks, Mila I needed that," he said smiling down at the girl who stood in front of him. "Of course Guy!" she replied before pulling him into a hug. Guy smiled and hugged her back tightly savoring this moment.

______________________

Mila sat with the Ducks again the next day at lunch. She sat between Guy and Julie yet again. Mila was handing Guy her orange fruit snack before Varsity walked over in their new jackets. Everyone began whispering about the jackets and laughing at them.

"Congrats on the Blake game," Rick said walking over. "Yeah right, we tied," Charlie said glaring at him. "Hey points a point, we're all Warriors now. You guys proved your guts you all set for dinner Friday?" Rick said looking at the whole table with a smile.

"Dinner?" Russ said confused just like everyone else. "Well, it's an Eden Hall tradition, Varsity got to treat the freshman to dinner. So round up your posse and meet us at 6 at the Minnesota Club, downtown. Anybody needs a ride we can take you" Rick explained.

"I mean you guys do like steak and seafood, right?" he asked before turning away. Cole then came over to say something about how tradition is important at Eden Hall. "It's cool," Adam said before turning and following them.

All the Ducks agreed and talked about how it's ok and it's cool. "You want to come to Mila?" Charlie asked turning to the girl. "No way, those guys are totally lying and are getting you guys back for the jackets" Mila explained eating her fruit snacks. "Whatever you say," Charlie said shrugging.

~⛸️~

I love Guy y'all. Also, I did in fact add an extra point because I wanted Guy to make a shot!

Also, I'm gonna be writing my own scenes where you really get to see how cute Guy and Mila are, the plan is to have a gap between the Varsity vs JV game so that I can include my cute stuff and then the game!

Mila's outfit for the game