02 | true curse

CHAPTER TWO:
TRUE CURSE
[season two, episode nineteen]

CHAPTER TWO: TRUE CURSE[season two, episode nineteen]

'Nice nap, 'Lijah?"

ONCE IN A BLUE MOON CASSIE
woke up before Stefan and Damon at the Salvatore boarding house. Although she was awake before anyone else this was not one of those occasions the last time Cassie had slept was in history.

She walked down the stairs to see the cellar door wide open. Cassie rushed down the stairs to see the once daggered Original was now missing. "Damm you 'Lena." She muttered, grabbing a couple of blood bags out of the cooler.

Elijah stood outside the house unable to enter while Elena stood inside. "Good morning guys." She said, capturing their attention.

"Cassandra." He spoke, making her internally cringe, hardly anyone called her by her full name anymore. "What happened?" He asked Elena.

"Shh." She pointed up at the house, whispering, "I'll tell you. Not here. Can I trust you?"

"Can I trust you?" He whispered back glancing between the girls lingering on Elena for a moment longer as he distrusted her the most.

Elena handed over the dagger.

Cassie smiled over at Elijah, her favourite vampire in Mystic Falls — second to Caroline of course.  "Nice nap, 'Lijah?" He stared at her blankly. "I got you something." She showed him the blood bags.

+ ̊・༓────── ⋅ʚ☆ɞ⋅ ──────༓・ ̊+

Cassie sat in the back of Elena's car leaning her head against the window. They'd been driving in a tense awkward silence for fifteen minutes until the blonde yawned loudly. "Where are we going?" She asked.

"The Lockwood residence." Elijah answered. "The mayor has become a reliable source of intel lately. "

"Carol...lovely." Cassie mumbled underneath her breath. For the past year at every town event the mayor cornered her to speak about how perfect she and Tyler were together, if only she knew the truth.

"You look better." Elena took her eyes off the road to offer him an awkward compliment.

Elijah was halfway through drinking the second blood bag Cassie stole for him. "Where did you get the dagger?" He questioned.

"I'll tell you everything. But we have to work together, Elijah." Elena said. "I need your word."

"Your ability to make demands has long passed." He replied.