18 | three year old weapon

[season three, episode twelve]

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN:
THREE YEAR OLD WEAPON

"The Salvatore brothers have ruined our lives

"The Salvatore brothers have ruined our lives."

     THE SALVATORE HOUSE WAS
silent, which was to be expected when only three people lived in the giant house but not even the sound of Oatis padding around could be heard. With a heavy heart and watery eyes, Cassie gave him up. She could barely look after herself let alone a dog, her life was too entangled in supernatural drama and the family next door to Sheila's house had been wanting a pet for a while now.

Lately, Cassie was feeling like she had been losing more and more of the ones she cared about —Sheila, Jenna, Elena (even if it was temporary) and now Jeremy and Oatis. Elena's decision to compel her brother wasn't right, at all nonetheless she showed up to say her farewells.

Cassie knew when someone was lying to her, specifically her friends. Bonnie and Elena asked for her help to track down Abby Bennett and when she asked why they said because it was time. Cassie knew her best friend, Bonnie did miss her mother but she wouldn't randomly start looking for out of the blue. She had over fifteen years and the ability to track her down using magic, if she wanted to find Abby, Bonnie would have done it already.

Tossing a record for a random aside, Cassie sighed in boredom. She had the vaguest memory of what Abby looked like from spending her childhood with the Bennett family, "Can you tell me why we're looking for your mom now?"

Bonnie and Elena exchanged a glance, "...We can't."

"You don't trust me?" She asked in response, "Is that it?" Cassie paused at their silence, eye flickering between her friends. "Does Damon know?"

In what world did they trust Damon over her? Cassie never thought she would see the day.

They shared looks again, communicating with their eyes, "We have the coffins." Elena revealed eventually.

Cassie leaned backwards on her chair, legs resting on the table, "I know."

"They're being hidden at the old witch house." The one place Cassie couldn't get into because the spirits would kill her. It was also where Klaus couldn't get into but still...ouch.

Bonnie continued, "And there's this one coffin that won't open and we don't know what's inside, it's definitely not one of his siblings. I had this dream where I break the seal —"

"— And Abby was the one who helped you unseal the coffin." Cassie concluded. "Well, my day just got a lot less boring."

Elena gave a record of a random woman to Bonnie to check. "Los Alamitos?" As Bonnie deemed her too old she tried another one, "Honolulu?"