07 | three months later

CHAPTER SEVEN:
THREE MONTHS LATER
[season three, episode one]

CHAPTER SEVEN:THREE MONTHS LATER [season three, episode one]

'Happy birthday, 'Lena'

THE TRIO ENDED UP IN TENNESSEE after three months of trying to track down a werewolf at a house in the middle of nowhere. Stefan sat in the back brooding, like he's been doing all summer

"Wake up, little witch." Klaus nudged Cassie's shoulder. "I need your help with this."

Cassie groaned, rubbing her eyes. "I'm sorry, can you repeat that? You need my what?"

He pulled her out of the car. "Let's go."

"Come here boy!" A woman whistled out for her dog. "Come on! It's too hot to make me come looking for you." She bends down and picks up a toy, jumping when Klaus and Cassie appear in front of her.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to scare you." Klaus said, speaking with the fakest American accent.

She wasn't afraid of Klaus before but after hearing that she was. "Nikky...never do that again." Cassie muttered quietly. "That was traumatising."

"Can I help you?" The woman asked.

"I'm so sorry to bother you Darling." Cassie started with a thick, awful, obvious English accent. Klaus tightened the grip around her waist as a warning but she ignored it, stepping on his foot roughly. "but our car ran out of petrol a few miles back. It feels like I've walked a bloody hike, yours is the first house we've come to so I was just hoping I could use your telephone?" She finished, flashing the woman a kind smile.

"Don't you have a cell phone?" She questioned.

"Yeah..." The hybrid pulled out his phone. "Battery died. Look, I promise we're not serial killers."

Does killing multiple people at different times mostly in self defence count as being a serial killer?

"I just wanna use your phone, Darling." Cassie said.

The woman sighed. "Sure."

"Soo," Klaus drawled out grinning. "I can come in?"

"No, I'll get the phone and I'll bring it out to you." She told him.

Klaus' face dropped. "I thought you country folks were supposed to be more trusting." He also dropped his terrifying American accent (thank god).

"I'm from Florida."

"Well, that explains it." The vampire charged towards the blonde grabbing her throat. "Now show me and my witch a little southern hospitality. Sweet pea."