16 | aftermath

CHAPTER SIXTEEN:
AFTERMATH
[season three, episode ten]

CHAPTER SIXTEEN: AFTERMATH[season three, episode ten]

"I stood for Niklaus not Klaus."

CASSANDRA PARKER HAD BEEN
hiding from her friends since Homecoming. She hadn't returned to the Salvatore house knowing there was an incredibly high chance that Damon would rip her heart out the second she stepped through the door.

Elena had been blowing up her phone, Caroline and Bonnie too. Cassie ended up turning it off, they wanted answers she couldn't give them. The residents of Mystic Falls hated Klaus, Cassie loathed him as much as anyone did, and they wanted him dead. Nobody could believe Cassie saved his life and neither did she.

Oatis had been the only one to find her, the poor dog had wandered far from the boarding house to get to the Falls. Damon wouldn't have fed him, he was very against Cassie living in his house, nonetheless her pet, and Stefan, well, nobody knew where Stefan was. Luckily Cassie had a bag of treats in her bag she put in Caroline's car before homecoming.

She sat up straighter when she sensed a magical presence. Cassie kept her eyes on the sight below her as she sighed, running hand through Oatis' fur.
"Thank you, for saving him."

"I don't know why I did it." She confessed, "I hate him, 'Lijah. I hate him so much."

Elijah Mikaelson had to admit, watching Cassie stab Damon Salvatore so he would miss his brother's heart from the other side was a surprise to him. He would have predicted it especially after the ritual where Cassie told him in vivid detail all the ways she was going to torture and brutally murder Klaus.

"Elena is going to hate me. And Caroline and Bonnie," Cassie dropped her head in her hands, wishing for a time machine, "I'm going to have to sit on a lunch table with Ivy Pierce. She is terrifying."

"If they are truly your friends then they would understand."

⋅ʚ☆ɞ⋅

After Cassie had built up enough courage to return to town, she climbed back down the Falls, regretting going up there in the first place. It was an extremely horrible idea but those seemed to be all she could think of these past few days. Oatis trailed alongside her suddenly barking madly.

Abruptly she was pressed against a tree, held there by a hand around her throat, "Hello, Cassie," Stefan Salvatore peered down at her.

Despite being choked, she grinned back at him "Steffy," She greeted politely. Then she stabbed Zukko through his stomach, the element of surprise enough to make him lose his grip. "You may be a vampire, Steffy, but I'm a witch."