08 | zuko the vampire dagger

CHAPTER EIGHT:
ZUKO THE VAMPIRE DAGGER
[season three, episode two]

CHAPTER EIGHT: ZUKO THE VAMPIRE DAGGER [season three, episode two]

'Elena's alive'

THE SMOKY MOUNTAINS ARE NOT
a place for humans, only the freaky kind who enjoyed hiking. Cassie could get pretty freaky sometimes in general and...other circumstances however her little human legs were not made for the Smoky mountains.

Oatis seemed to enjoy them so there was one good thing.

One good thing and that's all.

Cassie was hot, sweaty and exhausted. Not in a good way! They'd been walking for hours in silence after yesterday Klaus hadn't said a word to her and she was glad. They communicated via Stefan, like he was an owl delivering letters in Harry Potter.

Somehow both men walked up the mountain without struggle — even Stefan with the temporary dead body on his back — whereas, Cassie was panting heavily holding the side where she had a stitch with her bandaged up hand. Stupid vampires and their stupid enhanced abilities.

Then she tripped on a rock making her fall to the ground. "Leave me here." She wheezed out. Physical activity was not her strong suit.

Stefan stepped towards her but Klaus patted his shoulder continuing on. "You heard her, let's go." The younger vampire shot her an apologetic look before trailing after the original.

Cassie flipped them off, not that they could see since they had their backs to her, and closed her eyes embracing the short, well-needed break. Oatis approached his owner, licking her face as kisses.

"Oaty!" She whined even though a laugh escaped her lips. "Don't leave me for Steffy and Nikky. They're Dicks!" She said loud enough for the vampires to hear. Upon hearing Klaus' name Oatis took off running in the direction of him. "Traitor."

Nothing could break their sibling bond.

Cassie pushed herself off the ground sprinting to catch up with Klaus and Stefan. Instantly regretting it as the pain in her side grew. God, she hated hikes.

"You okay?" Klaus taunted Stefan. "Is Ray getting heavy?"

"I'm fine." Stefan huffed in response.

"You sure about that? You know, we've been walking for quite some time now." He smirked to himself, "If you need some water or a little sit-down..."

Cassie slowly turned her head to Klaus. "Seriously? You offer him one!"

"You know, I get that we're, uh...we're stuck together, but if we could maybe just skip the chit chat, it'd be great." Stefan grumbled.