05| the bet

CHAPTER FIVE:
THE BET
[season two, episode twenty two]

CHAPTER FIVE: THE BET[season two, episode twenty two]

'Don't call me Cass'

TWO DAYS. ELENA GILBERT HAS
been dead for two whole days. And Cassie? Sweet, kind hearted, innocent little Cassie spent those days mourning over her dead friend, having no idea what John Gilbert did for his daughter.

After the ritual when she spent hours crying in Elijah's arms, not her finest moment, he thought it was best she returned home. To the Salvatore boarding house. That place was not home, Sheila Bennett's house was home but she couldn't go there because Bonnie's dad sold the place almost instantly once the woman died. She had no home.

The last thing she wanted to see was Damon Salvatore. She didn't want to see him mourning over Elena after trying to compel her to kiss him, what he did to Caroline, what he did to Sheila. But it's okay right? Elena changed him for the better.

So Elijah took her to Alaric's apartment that place was kind of like a home to her, the man living in it caring for Cassie like his own daughter. Unfortunately, for her Katherine was still compelled to be there, concern flooding the vampire as Cassie lunged towards her with glee quickly realising it was not her recently departed sister then broke down into a flood of tears.

Hell, Katherine was so worried about the girl she looked for Elijah for help. Elijah Mikaelson, the Original vampire who would love nothing more than to see her dead. He merely shook his head and guided the broken siphoner to the couch then went to the kitchen to fetch her a glass of water and something to eat.

At some point during everything Cassie lost her phone. It was just gone. She didn't have enough energy to find it.

It was safe to say Elijah became her rock over the course of forty eight hours, he refused to let her out of his sight (even if it meant putting up with Katerina). He cared for the defective witch, she reminded him of his sister and himself in a way, she was willing to whatever it takes for her family.

Speaking of family, the eldest of the Mikealson siblings, who weren't temporarily dead, threw some clothes over to his younger brother, leaning against a tree for support. "You've been busy." He stated, casting a glance over to Cassie, who was pulling the grass out the ground staring at one spot with a distant look on her face.

She'd hardly spoken since that night.

"That was amazing." Klaus said, smiling widely. "How long has it been?"

"Almost two days. Full moon came and went. You remained a wolf." Elijah answered.

Cassie looked up from the ground, scrunching her nose up in disgust when she saw something she truly never wanted to see.

Klaus stood up, getting dressed. "I can change at will, then. It's good to know. I remember every single kill."

"Yes, I've been cleaning up your little mess along the way."