14 | bad omens

CHAPTER FOURTEEN:
BAD OMENS
[season three, episode eight]

 CHAPTER FOURTEEN:BAD OMENS[season three, episode eight]

"I think bats are cute."

CASSIE HAD LEARNT FROM A VERY
young age that she was the embodiment of bad luck, a bad omen. She was cursed, bestowed upon the littlest things she did, like simply going through the day without someone or something trying to kill her. It sounds simple enough but it was becoming a challenge for the girl.

She also couldn't get one night sleep without being rudely awakened by a nightmare or summoned by one of the 'Scooby Gang' members. Half awake, after leaving a note for Bonnie — they had a sleepover where the Bennett witch cried over her now cheating ex-boyfriend — Cassie walked through the tunnels underneath the old Lockwood cellar with Alaric and Elena.

Lexi was trying to torture the humanity back into Stefan meanwhile Mason Lockwood showed Damond the tunnels that could help them out with their Klaus problem, the only problem was that there was a spell stopping vampires from entering and Bonnie banished the ghosts before Mason tell Damon what he found.

Cassie could simply siphon the spell away but where was the fun in that? She loved to annoy Damon.

"So, the Lockwoods really have no idea that these tunnels are underneath their property?" Elena asked, a torch in her hand guiding their path along the dark, cobweb filled tunel.

Cassie squinted, even the dim light of the torch was making her eyes water. "Tyler never mentioned it," she said in between a yawn, "He had no interest in his family's history."

Alaric glanced back at them, "Careful where you shine that thing. Bats hate the light," he warned.

"Wait, what?" Elena stilled.

"Do you think I could have one as a pet," Casdie was met with questionable looks from the other two, "What? I promise not to go all Osbourne on one, I think bats are cute."

Alaric moved on,"Anyway, just be careful."

Cassie sensed him before she saw him, "Elena." A hushed whisper echoed in the darkness. "Boo!"

Damon smirked as Elena jumped out of her skin. "God, Damon!" She hurt his arm.

"Scaredy-cat!" He mocked her.

"Just ignore him," Alaric continued walking, "That's what I do."

"Like a white noise machine that makes my ears bleed," Cassie added.

They reached the invisible barrier that stopped Damon from going any further, "So, you really can't get in?" Elena asked.

The oldest Salvatore brother shook his head, "No. Seems even the ancient Lockwoods were anti-vampire."

"Shame," Cassie deadpanned.

Damon scowled at her, "Be a dear and suck this barrier up, magic thief." He shot her a very charming, sarcastic smile.