09 | chicago

CHAPTER NINE:
CHICAGO
[season three, episode three]

CHAPTER NINE:CHICAGO [season three, episode three]

'your sister is hot'

UNFORTUNATELY FOR
human injuries can not heal overnight, the doctor Klaus had compelled to treat Cassie's injuries had instructed her to change the bandages on her neck at least twice a day. The claw marks on her arms needed stitches so did all the bite marks but luckily the hybrids didn't cause any internal bleeding when they kicked her stomach repeatedly. Also, the scars that opened up magically went back to being what they are, scars. She chose to focus on that instead of the rest of her injuries.

Stefan had caused one of those injuries, the cause of her death, and she never did anything to him. Yes, she may have kicked his ass a couple of times and tried to kill his brother more times than she could count but, in her defence, she deserved it. Cassie never did anything bad to the vampire that had to result in her death. She knew he had no control over his hunger but she began to wonder if a part of him wanted her dead. Get rid of the remainder that his girlfriend is dead.

Klaus was used as an excuse to cause the rest of her injuries, Cassie had known the man for less than a year and aside from annoying him for three months straight and shoving him into some bushes she'd done nothing to him. She didn't blame him for his hybrids attacking her but it felt odd knowing that people hurt her to get to him.

They weren't friends. Cassie despised him. Klaus wasn't her biggest fan. Although they couldn't deny the similarities they shared. Klaus Mikaelson, only he wasn't a Mikaelson, the bastard child. The same breed of the person that killed his brother. A werewolf, now hybrid.

And there was Cassandra Parker abandoned by her family because of what she is. A defect. A siphoner, the same as her older brother before he turned evil and vanished. Thought to be a demon hunted down to be killed by the same species as her only because she was different.

Together they were nature's abominations.

Perhaps that's the reason they clash a lot. They saw their reflection in one another and hated it.

Klaus had visited some of his witches (claiming that Cassie wasn't in the right mind for magic.) over the summer for some locator spells. Every time she went in the witches would sense her defect, forbid her to enter their premises, pray to their ancestors and eventually she started staying in the car.

Klaus killed every witch that cursed at her.

She had no idea.

The original and young vampire stepped out of the car, walking a few steps only to realise there was someone missing. They turned around to find Cassie only just opening the car door squinting at the sun.