Chapter 44

I walked in to see Gar, Rachel and Rose in the computer room arguing about turning on the sound or something.

"Unmute it." I argued, getting the attention from everyone, "They are not telling us for a reason they are protecting us." Rachel spoke, not convincing anyone, not even herself.

"Look, I don't know about you guys, but I would like to know where Jason is and if spying on them is the way to go, then so be it. If there is a way to find Jason, let's do it because they sure as hell aren't." I yelled back going towards Gar and ready to push the button to unmute the camera.

But I was stopped by Gar, "We are not going out there alone, we can listen to them and help them but we go with them no matter what, not alone, okay." Gar demanded, shocking me a little at his sudden anger, but also probably worry.

"Fine, but unmute it please." I begged before pulling away and watching Gar unmute it.

"Why don't we find this guy and neutralize him?" Kory suggested, making me chuckle a little at her such high confidence in fighting Deathstroke. "It's not that easy." Donna laughed, "We barely survived his last attack.'' She added, making me a little curious on what she meant since she sounded like she was tearing up a little, but maybe worry about that for another time.

"Look, Jason is hurt, alone, scared. And I...We all know what that feels like." Hank interrupted. I looked down at my fidgeting fingers, feeling a little personal in that, knowing what it was like to feel that, and then worrying about Jason on top of that didn't help."

"The bottom line is, he's one of us and she's not. So handing her over, if it saves his life, I don't know about you but I can sleep a little better at night knowing I did the right thing!" Hank exclaimed, yes handing over Rose was bad and being a horrible person but if it was to save Jason, I was slightly agreeing with Hank on this.

"You good with this, Grayson?" Kory yelled, sounding a little mad, "Dick" She yelled again.

"Just give me a second." Dick said, processing his options here. "Don't listen to them. They're just upset." Rachel tried to help the situation, it didn't work.

"Rachel's right. It's just talk–" Gar started before Rose interrupted him, "Quiet. I wanna hear." She demanded.

"She's just a kid." Dawn argued, "Deathstroke's kid." Donna corrected. Whatever secret they have up their sleeves I don't like it, it sounds like it really hit them hard especially Donna.

"Let's be honest, the further away from us she gets, the safer she's gonna be." Donna added, pointing out honest facts, we are just a bunch of hot messes that can't take in anyone else and keep them safe.

"If we leave out there alone, Deathstroke will hunt her down." Dawn argued, I looked over to Rose feeling a little bad about all of this and how she is in the middle of it all. "Or worse, we lose leverage over Deathstroke once he finds out she's in the wind." Dick finally spoke in the conversation after being silent for a while.

But how is it worse if we lose leverage over Deathstroke then here being hunted down by him or Jason dying, Dick was really only worrying about himself, which pissed me off.

I was tired of the arguing so I just cut them out, and zoned out to my own little world, filled with worry, guilt, and just overall stress about Jason. I kept fidgeting my fingers, seeing Rose leave the room out of the corner of my eye.

Yes, I should go after her but to be honest either we will find her before she leaves or she will be found by Deathstroke, her problem, and plus I don't blame her for wanting to leave or I mean people who she thought she was safe with want to kick her out.

But at the same time she could also help us with Jason, I got lost in thought until Rachel called out for Rose, breaking my trans.

"Where's Rose, Em?" Rachel asked, "Oh yea she umm...left like 30 seconds ago, probably trying to leave" I spoke, seeming a little calmer than Gar and Rachel.

"Fine, let's go find her." I added looking at their worried looks, before leaving to find her running away.

We ended up meeting with the others in the training room. "What was that?" Kory asked, looking as confused as the others. "Rose, she might have heard your fucking conversation, so she is probably trying to leave, and honestly I don't blame her." I answered.

"Shit." Dick said before locking down the tower with his finger. We all ended up running in different directions trying to find Rose.

I surprised her by standing right next to her as she hid from Dick. "Boo," I joked, scaring her a lot. "Ember leave, or let me leave." She demanded. "No," I said with a straight face, not moving an inch.

"Move or it will get violent." Rose demanded shoving me out of the way before I attacked her, pinning her to the ground. "I got to fight two Wilsons today, what luck do I have?" I joked as she struggled to get up.

She rolled her eyes as I was about to call out to the others that I have her, but she pushed hard into my stab wound making me cry in pain. She didn't go too deep but it still hurt like a bitch.

I rolled over to the back holding onto my back letting her go free. "Sorry" She called out, seeming sympathetic and actually really sorry as she ran away. "Sure you fucking are." I called out, rolling my eyes as I held onto my back.

I stayed there for a while, slowly getting up, luckily there wasn't a lot of blood, so it wouldn't be noticeable for the others. I would fix it up after we found Rose and calmed her down a bit.

I walked over to the main room, hearing a bit of commotion from there, but bumped into Rachel who seemed to be crying and Kory running after her, which made me run to see what happened.

I walked in the room to see everyone else there surrounding Rose who seemed dead, on the ground. I slowly started to panic worrying about her, what if she was dead? Was Rachel the one that killed her?

Then Rose started to come back to life, her bones started to go back in place freaking me the fuck out, but yet I couldn't look away.

Maybe if Rose can come back maybe we can find Jason and bring him back too or at least I would I am not losing another person I love again.