04

Don't forget to vote & comment!

"Expectation is the root of all heartache."

- William Shakespeare

Nina's POV

Today was now Monday.

Yesterday I sent Luca an email to let him know that I wouldn't be working today. I had to make sure both my sister and father were settled in.

Hailey hated riding the bus.

She was eighteen with her license, but she didn't have a car to drive. Even so, she was set on staying here so she registered for the bus.

I haven't properly spoken to either one of them since that day at the club. I've been meaning to speak to them... I just don't know how I would start it off. If we were to become anything, I want to start off slow. I don't want to get hurt at the end.

Not like last time.

I just finished making breakfast when I heard the doorbell, "I'll get it" Hailey spoke out.

Apparently it was a planning day at her school, so she stayed home. When I was her age, I would be out with some friends. Mostly Willow.

I just made myself sound old as hell.

"Uh... Nina?" Hailey called out from the door.

I quickly wiped off my hands before making my way towards the door, seeing that she was now leaning on the closed door.

"What's wrong? Who was that?" I asked her.

"I- I don't know. It was two scaring looking men. They were asking for you- don't tell me! Are you in some sort of trouble? Do you owe them money and now they're here to kill us?!" She asked me.

What the hell has she been reading?

From her description, I knew exactly who the two guys were. "It's fine Hailey. It's just my boss and his brother" I explained to her before moving her to the side, opening the door.

"Angelo, Luca. What are you two doing here? Shouldn't you be at the office... and the club?" I asked them, before inviting them inside.

After shutting the door behind them, I watched as Angelo began to check out the place. It was little compared to their home. Hailey then excused herself and went back into the kitchen.

"You never call out of work and I was worried" Luca pointed out, now standing in front of me. I found it hard to concentrate from how close we were.

"I didn't know you had a sister... is that Hailey?" Angelo asked.

"Yeah... I'm sorry for the late notice. Something had came up" I told him.

"That's what I told him! He was afraid that you would quit and-" Angelo began before Luca punched his shoulder.

"Ouch!" I couldn't help but laugh at the two. I then remembered that my dad was here as well.

"What's that smell?" Angelo muttered out before rushing towards the kitchen, ignoring Luca. We then followed him to the kitchen to see him holding a muffin, Hailey looking at him weirdly.

"I'm guessing the one next to you is your boss?" She asked. I nodded my head in response.

"What's that suppose to mean? You don't think I could be the boss of that company?" He asked her.

"No, I don't think you're capable of doing something like that" She replied back before eating her food. Just a moment ago she found him scary to look at.