37

Don't forget to vote!

"And now that you don't have to be perfect, you can be good."

- John Steinbeck

Angelo's POV

I looked up from my computer as the door to my office opened, revealing Marco who had a weird expression on his face.

"What is it?" I asked him before looking back at the screen in front of me. After my argument with dad that day, I haven't spoken to him since. Nor have I seen Danielle. Luca hasn't heard anything for her either.

Mom has been trying to help me with finding her, but so far we still weren't able to figure out where she's been laying low. I was glad that Luca and Nina wouldn't be here for all of this.

While they were gone, it was my job to straighten out all of this drama. Luca is my little brother, I would do anything for him. There's no way I'm letting that woman back into his life after all she's done. He has us.

Like all siblings, we had both similarities and differences. Luca was known for going by the book. It's always been his goal to follow under dad's footsteps and take over the company. He's building on top of his success.

I was never interested in that kind of thing and wasn't gonna allow myself to be forced into something I didn't want to do.

So I stood my ground.

With me being the oldest, dad was pissed that I didn't want to do it. But I didn't give a damn, I'm my own person. I didn't see myself working in a big company building for the rest of my life, it's just not my style. I also knew how much it meant to my brother.

I wanted to be able to go out and see the world for what it really was, and so I started to pick up different kinds of jobs. I learned how to box, become a lifeguard, cook, sell drugs... you name it.

I wanted to have something for myself. I wanted to be known for what I built, and not my father. With all the experience I've gained, I am able to see things from several perspectives.

And Nina... she's already been through hell and back. It doesn't matter what may be going on in my life, just seeing her smile brightens my mood. From the moment I first laid eyes on her, I knew she was different.

She's my everything and I don't want her to suffer anymore. I consider her family to be apart of my own, and I know Luca feels the same way. I want the both of them to be happy and live a peaceful life. As peaceful as it can get with the world we're living in.

I don't care about the amount of blood that's on my hands, as long as they're safe. That's all that matters.

"I know you're kind of busy at the moment, but we need you downstairs. Diamanté is here" He explained.

What?

"Diamanté? What the hell is he doing here?" I asked as I stood and made my way towards him.

I couldn't help but be weary. If he was here, then he must have heard about what happened with Ryan. It being a little over a month since the incident, I can say I'm that surprised.

It's true that Zion was the one who was suppose to keep him on a tight leash, but he was simply following orders from his boss. That boss being Diamanté.

I rarely seen him but a few times, since he mostly sends Zion in his place.

After all the shit went down, I took Ryan and taught him not to mess with me, my product, or my family. There were a few occasions where I was able to get away from Nina and Luca who were set on me resting, when I first got shot.