20

Don't forget to vote!

"To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often."

- Winston Churchill

Nina's POV

"Hey Cassie" I greeted at the reception desk as I walked through the front.

Usually she would be quick to greet me as soon as I walk in, it being her job. But she seemed to be really focused on the monitor in front of her,

"Oh, hello Nina. I didn't see you come in... everything alright?" She asked me.

"Everything is great. I'll talk to you later-" I began as I pressed the button to the elevator.

"Before you go, I need to ask you something" She then said.

"Alright, what is it?"

She then focused her attention on me, "I'm not sure if this is true or not. But there are rumors going around about you and Mr. Bianchi" She stated, waiting for my response. I felt as my heart sank from what she said.

Rumors about us?

"I may just be the receptionist here, but I love this company and what I do. The status should be our main priority, I know that Mr. Bianchi feels the same. Even you know how hard we've worked to make it this far. I would hate for anything to end up on the internet that could ruin his reputation... which is what will happen if something is going on" She spoke out. The tone of her voice was sweet but it sounded as if she was threatening me.

Why is she talking as if she's a main asset to the company's success?

I couldn't help but frown, "Just what are you getting at? I come here and I do my job Cassie. This isn't the first time rumors have spread around the company. People talk, that doesn't mean you should believe everything they say" I replied back.

What is taking this elevator so long?

"I'm well aware of that. That is why I'm speaking to you now... alone. I wanted to confirm whether or not the rumors were true. Are you sleeping with Mr. Bianchi?"

Out of my years of working here, this is the longest Cassie and I have held a conversation. It's usually just simple greetings and farewells. I always thought she was quiet and sweet. But the woman in front of me... was different.

She says that she only wants to confirm if the rumors are true, but it seems like she's accusing me of doing so. Not that she's wrong but I haven't done anything to raise suspicion, and she doesn't have any proof.

Have I done something to make her upset?

My mind then went back to that day in the meeting room, where I felt like we were being watched. What if she had someone spying on us?

"No, I'm not sleeping with Mr. Bianchi. I've done nothing but do my job as his personal assistant, not that it should concern you" Was all I said before I stepped into the elevator that finally opened.

A big sigh then came from me as the elevator closed shut, soon moving to the top floor.

What the hell...

"Nina! I need your help with something" One of my colleagues said as I walked out the elevator.

I then forced a smile on my face before heading towards their cubicle, "What is it about- oh, those documents are for the meeting that's in two days. Just make sure all of the dates are up there. Everyone on this floor is required to be there" I explained.