08

Don't forget to vote & comment!

"A sincere heart will always attract peace."

- unknown

Luca's POV

I felt helpless.

Nina was hurting, and there wasn't anything I could do about it. After we left her mom's place, she told me that she didn't want to go home. She looked as if she received some shocking news.

I wanted to ask her what happened, what her mom said to her... but I know that she'd tell me if she wanted me to know. I wasn't going to overstep her boundaries.

With leaving her sister's stuff in my car, we were now sitting in the aliving room. We've been sitting here in silence for about thirty minutes and it was killing me. I tried calling Angelo but he wouldn't pick up. Earlier he said something about dealing with some loose ends, but I'm not sure what he meant by that.

"My dad was locked up for murder... but he didn't do it. He was framed" She soon spoke out, her head resting on my lap. I chose to stay quiet, letting her finish.

"He was in there for eight years because of her. She cheated on him and used him. She even said that Hailey wasn't his daughter. I'm mad that even after all she's done, I still care for her. How am I suppose to face them after that?" She asked before sitting up, her voice cracking at the end.

"I may have only met him once, but I can tell that your dad is a good man. It's normal to still care about your mother, even after the things she did. Whether Hailey is his biological daughter or not, that wouldn't bother him... and it shouldn't bother you either. Family is family" I told her.

My mind went back to Angelo's mom and how kind she's been to me.

Flashback

I winced as my mom dragged me into my room, shutting the door behind us. Mom must have overheard Dad talking to Angelo about the company again.

"I just don't get it... why can't you be more like your brother? At this rate, Angelo's gonna inherit the company" My mom spat out before roughly grabbing onto my face.

"Mom, you're hurting me" I muttered out after a few moments, watching as she rolled her eyes before shoving me away.

"To think that you're my son, I can't keep doing this. I can't keep raising such a worthless child" She muttered out to herself.

"I... I can do it. I'll work hard and then-" I began before she slapped me.

"I hate you" She stated before walking out the room, leaving me on the ground.

I held the side of my face as I felt myself about to cry, "Don't cry... big boys don't cry" I told myself.

It wasn't too long before Carla, Angelo's mother came into the room. She looked at me in shock before rushing towards me. "What happened sweetheart? Your face-"

"I fell" I told her. She looked at me for a while before getting on the ground, sitting in front of me.

"Ms. Carla... do you think dad would let me inherit the company?" I asked her.

She smiled before placing a hand on the side of my face where my mom slapped me, "Of course I do son. Even though you're still a child, I can tell that you'll be big and strong" She told me.

"Dad probably wants Angelo to take over" I muttered out, recalling what my mom said to me.

"Your father couldn't care less if it was you or your brother. Angelo doesn't even seem that interested, but you shouldn't be worrying yourself about this. You're still so young" She explained.