27

Don't forget to vote!

"I'll never be that me again"

- b.m.

Angelo's POV

"It's true that I had something to do with it... but I didn't know it was your moms place until Luca told me-" I began.

"So Luca knows about this too? How come neither of you told me about this?" She asked, the tone of her voice letting me know how upset she was, and I couldn't blame her.

A small sigh came from me as I ran a hand through my hair, figuring out what I could say to not make her even more mad.

"It was my call. I told Luca to not say anything to you about it because I had it under control. So if you're gonna be mad at someone, blame me. I didn't want to worry you and I made sure your mother wasn't harmed" I explained, Luca now looking at me.

I heard a dry laugh come from her, "How am I suppose to even believe what you're saying when all you two do is sugarcoat things or just constantly hide shit? Your men scared the fuck out of my mom Angelo! She didn't even know what was going on" She yelled.

"And I'm sorry about that Nina, but I promise it's the truth... I would never intentionally put your mom in danger. I made it clear that Ryan was to stay away from her-"

"Yeah well now he took Hailey!" She rushed out, her voice cracking at the end.

What?

Luca was quick to come towards me, "What's going on? Is Nina alright?" He asked me.

"Where are you Nina? Luca and I can come to pick you up and we will figure this out together-" I began.

"No... I'm done Angelo. I've been so caught up with all of this shit with Eleanor that I didn't even realize my little sister was being targeted! My family needs me and I can't focus when I'm near the two of you. I- I got to go" She cried.

"Baby don't go. I can-" I began before the call got silent, her hanging up. I tried calling her back, but it would just go straight to voicemail.

"Shit" I cursed out before standing, Luca doing the same.

"I don't know what Nina is planning, but Ryan took Hailey. That son of a bitch kidnapped her... and Nina's not coming back" I explained before calling Marco.

"Marco I need you to see if there's any connection between Ryan Jones and Nina's sister, Hailey. He kidnapped her so have the guys search for her, find out about his last whereabouts. And be sure to call me if you find anything" I explained before hanging up.

I can't help but be worried about Nina, and her sister. He is a dangerous man and I'm afraid Nina will do something reckless. She's not in her right mind... I've never seen her like that.

Luca was right.

If we want this to work, we have to tell Nina the truth. She needs to know everything, no more sugarcoating.

It's up to her if she wants to stay with us.

"You don't think Nina is planning on looking for him on her own, do you?" Luca asked in worry.

"I don't know... I can't even track her since she turned off her phone! Damn it Nina. Why must you be so stubborn?"

****

Nina's POV

After I finally made it back to my place, I made sure everything was straight before I found myself relaxing. It's been a while since I've been in my own house, ever since that issue with Eleanor. I couldn't help but feel slightly uneasy.