32

Just as we had thought..after spending that night together when our friends took the kids out..we didn't have much free time together again.

I was also preparing to go back to work and at the same time prepare the kids for school.

"Hello Apo..how have you been?''asked Pond from the other line.

"Hey I'm good..I'm just wondering if my projects are still on,''I spoke into the phone hurriedly as I made breakfast for Mipo and Phoenix who were still nowhere to be seen.

I thought Mile was supposed to bring them down 10 minutes ago fully dressed.

"What's with all the rush?''he asked obviously referring to all the dishes cluttering in the background.

"I'm making the kids breakfast it's their first day of school,''

"That's what you were doing?I thought you were starting a live band with utensils,''I rolled my eye at his sarcasm.

"Yeah yeah very funny but you didn't answer my question,''

"Well..there is but I'm afraid of your husband,''

I pinched the bridge of my nose hoping he didn't do anything stupid.

We argued last night about me going back to work and it took a whole lot of energy to convince him.

"Apo please I can do everything you don't have to,''

That statement annoyed me so much.

"P'Mile..what do you think this is?I'm a man don't forget that and I don't like sitting around like a housewife because if you expect me to do that you'll be gravely disappointed,''

"But baby I don't want a repeat of what happened last time...we had to be separated for a month and I couldn't bare it...I don't want to lose you again,''

"What about my happiness huh?I have a purpose Mile..I'm an actor and a model who is known.. we'll have to be separated sometimes and we have to continue with our projects..even though it hurts a little and we may get jealous but we have to work through it..I never planned on settling down when I got into the industry..you and the kids happened abruptly and I never want to lose you but I can't just throw away my dream Mile just understand will you?''

"Bu-''

"Please,''I pleaded.

He searched my face for a while before sighing and nodding his head in reply.

He wrapped his arms around me pulling me close."I want you to be happy my love..please forgive me it was selfish of me and it will never happen again,''

I scoffed."You? you're saying you won't get possessive or jealous anymore?we both know that's a lie,''

We both chuckled.

The tension wavered away like it wasn't even there in the first place.

We resumed our conversation normally and he promised to prepare the kids in the morning.

He bragged so much about it and when I woke up this morning I decided not to wake them because he said he would.
I didn't want to take his spotlight.
But now I regretted doing so because at this rate we were going to be freaking late.

"PHAKPHUM!''I shouted as I hung up and rushed upstairs.

I would call pond later on anyway.

I slung the door open and almost went feral.

The kids were laying on top of him in their robes.

He had only woken up and changed into robes and went back to sleep.